[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wavier Wire help - I'm first in line

satchel123

Ok my team is in shambles and I'm 1-2 right now. If a player could underperform or be injured he is on my team.

I'm first in line for our WW pickups this week and was wondering what you guys think about my thought process.

I can get Glen Coffee and help my RB situation for at least the next two weeks or I could get Kevin Walter for some much needed WR help for the rest of the year. I doubt I'll be able to snag them both.

I was leaning towards Walter as being the better pick up for the long haul and hope that Slaton can pick up the pace and LT comes back in week 6 with a vengance.

Thoughts? Help? Advice? My team is in my sig and if you post a link I'll answer yours!

Wow, that's just plain bad luck. At least you can rejoice in the fact that you at least loved your team on draft day.

It seems you need more help in the RB department, as Forsett is still a wait-and-see, and Buckhalter faces tough rush D's and has little value with a healthy Moreno. Slaton should get going. Hightower certainly helps plug that hole, but there's no guarantees if Wells emerges/splits time, so you might want a long-term solution.

As for picking up Coffee, he's only a temporary solution until week 6 (they have a bye week 7, and gore should be back after that). Walter is undoubtably the better long-term pickup, but you seem to have many more options at WR to get by.

I might look at a trade, and either see if someone is willing to buy low on LT or buy high on Knox (maybe both). Or possibly scoop up Walter, and see if you can maybe package him. Either way, you seem to need more bench insurance for your RBs than WRs, so I'd make it a priority, even if it means Coffee as a short-term solution.