[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some serious advice here

swells88

Alright so i'm having a dilemna i would really appreciate some advice.

It's a ppr league with 1QB 2RB, 3WR, plus a flex position (you can start 2 qb's).

here's my team:

Player_______________TeamPos Pts Bye

Ben Roethlisberger_____PIT QB 55 8

Jay Cutler____________CHI QB 56 5

Ahmad Bradshaw_____NYG RB 25 10

Frank Gore___________SFO RB 63 6

Leon Washington______NYJ RB 23 9

Ray Rice ____________BAL RB 41 7

Willis McGahee________BAL RB 61 7

Anthony Gonzalez_____IND WR 0 6

Devin Hester_________CHI WR 43 5

Larry Fitzgerald_______ARI WR 46 4

Ted Ginn Jr.__________MIA WR 25 6

Wes Welker__________NWE WR 21 8

Mason Crosby ________GNB K 29 5

Baltimore Ravens______BAL Def/ST 34 7

Here are the questions i am having problems with:

1. I want to pick up Glen Coffee because gore is out, but is it worth dropping Leon washington/Bradshaw to get the handcuff?

2. I need another receiver in case welker doesn't play this week since anthony gonzalez is out and fitz has a bye. Mike sims-walker is the obvious candidate on the waivers but should I drop Washington/Bradshaw or give up Anthony gonzalez ( he will get picked up in this league if i drop him) Or should i just hope welker plays and possibly drop ginn for sims-walker?

3. Mark sanchez is available and I would be able to start him in his good matchups alongside one of my other qb's should i drop bradshaw or washington to get him?

so i'm almost tempted to drop ginn for sims walker, gamble on welker playing, drop washington for coffee and bradshaw for sanchez. that would leave me with two pairs of handcuffed running backs in coffee/gore and rice/mcgahee but im scared i'd be screwed when either the baltimore or sf have a bad matchup. Advice??

If you can give me advice on any of these it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by swells88

No, none of those guys are worth dropping in my opinion. Both Bradshaw and Washington would be starters should the #1's go down, and they're both getting plenty of carries right now.

If you had the spot for Coffee, he could be worth picking up to plug the hole this week, but they have a bye next week, and then Gore will be back. Yes, the handcuff would be nice, but most likely he'll sit as a free-agent once Gore comes back anyway, and your only getting this 1 start out of him. Plus, like you said, you will be handcuffing them to their opponents too, and could limit your options with too many handcuffs.

Coffee won't be valuable to most people besides this week, whereas the RBs you'd be giving up would be valuable and would get snatched up.

Ginn, on the other hand, has been dropping every pass that comes his way, and Simms-Walker has an especially good matchup this week, and looks to be emerging as a #1 WR there. I would make that move.

There is no need to drop any of your talent for Sanchez. The rookie QB will inevitably struggle some games (just as Ryan and Flacco did last year, despite their success). You have Cutler and Big Ben. You are more than fine at QB.

Hope all that helps. Just find good matchups until Gore gets back, rather than dropping talent away at RB.

pick up Sims-Walker and drop Ginn. If Welker plays play him and Sims-Walker if not play Hester(good match up). Washington is in a time share with Jones right now and Bradshaw is coming off injury he didnt practice Wed or Thur but the Giants say he'll play and this is his best matchup so far but, I would cut him for Coffee. If Jones gets injured Washington takes over if that happens he will score more points than Sanchez. FYI I have Welker and I was listening to a chat between Stephania Bell (ESPN's injury expert)and a listener who said he heard a beat writer in Boston said" it will not surprise me if there comes a point at which Welker is shut down--maybe around the bye--with the thinking to have the knee cleaned out so he has a chance to return to full health". She replied she hadnt heard that rumor but had heard some different ones though she didn't specify. But the guy was from Seattle so I wonder when and where he heard this.

I just saw that you can play a QB in the flex??? That is very odd, especially if QBs put up points like they do in my league, but perhaps you should reevaluate a few things.

In this case, Bradshaw is your most expendible, like the other guy said, and you could certainly use another QB down the line if you can play two...But not right this moment. I would drop Bradshaw for Coffee, and then drop Coffee for some QB insurance next week.

Ginn for Simms-walker obviously doesn't change..you should still do that.. Don't know whats up with Ginn, but I wouldn't like him right now.