[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To trade for BREES?

MnLefty

OK, here's the league setup. 10 teams, pretty standard scoring, .5ppr, ALL td's 6 pts. Our league rolls with a flex heavy lineup, 1RB, 1WR, 3 flex, no mandatory TE. Trades are few in this league because it is only a 10 team so rosters go deeper, and because of the flex play major weaknesses are not as common. Guy with Brees is stacked with Schaub and Flacco behind and has made Brees or Schaub available. We've bounced multiple offers this season but none have happened.

He offered earlier

Flacco + JStewart for K Smith

Schaub + JStewart for Grant

This week I offered

Grant + Cal Johnson for Brees + McFadden

he countered

Grant + Cal Johnson for Brees + J Stewart

Given the lineups what would you do for Brees? Or should I just roll with Ryan? Remember when looking at rosters we can start up to 4 RB or 4 WR any given week...

Rosters

ME

QB Matt Ryan

QB Matt Cassel

RB Kevin Smith

RB Ryan Grant

RB DeAngelo Williams

RB Derrick Ward

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Terrell Owens

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Santonio Holmes

WR Devin Hester

WR Steve Smith NYG

K John Carney

TDSP Philadelphia Eagles

TDSP San Francisco 49ers

HIS

QB Drew Brees

QB Matt Schaub

QB Joe Flacco

RB Matt Forte

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Knowshon Moreno

RB Jonathan Stewart

RB Ahmad Bradshaw

RB Darren McFadden

WR Roddy White

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Nate Burleson

K David Akers

TDSP Dallas Cowboys

TDSP Green Bay Packers

I get the flex thing but are you required to start someone at QB? Either way Brees is valuable but if you have to start a QB like most leagues than even more so. Also you need to consider making him too strong even if it makes you better.

In my eyes his team is pretty good he has to choose 4 from (Bowe, White, Forte, Jacobs, or Moreno) at least thats how i would see most weeks. Having the flex actually hurts you in this case, i don't like flex options personally.

So for him to trade he needs a elite RB or WR to bolster those corps, with that said i guess i'd go

Deal 1:

Calvin Johnson

+

Steve Smith/ or Santonio

If you want to offer a RB

Deal 2:

Grant + Smith

or DeAngelo + Smith

Leaves you with Brees (assuming QB is not considered in your flex deal)

+ (Grant, Smith, DeAngelo, Marshall, Remainder from Smith/Holmes)

6 pts for all TDs definately benefits QBs especially Brees, so might be a good move, id say to bolster RB but .5 ppr helps and i think Smith is great for PPR. Owens is a hit or miss every week and i'd move him if you have someone interested, maybe see if he is willing to deal Bowe or Forte since it is PPR

I get the flex thing but are you required to start someone at QB? Either way Brees is valuable but if you have to start a QB like most leagues than even more so. Also you need to consider making him too strong even if it makes you better.

In my eyes his team is pretty good he has to choose 4 from (Bowe, White, Forte, Jacobs, or Moreno) at least thats how i would see most weeks. Having the flex actually hurts you in this case, i don't like flex options personally.

So for him to trade he needs a elite RB or WR to bolster those corps, with that said i guess i'd go

Deal 1:

Calvin Johnson

+

Steve Smith/ or Santonio

If you want to offer a RB

Deal 2:

Grant + Smith

or DeAngelo + Smith

Leaves you with Brees (assuming QB is not considered in your flex deal)

+ (Grant, Smith, DeAngelo, Marshall, Remainder from Smith/Holmes)

6 pts for all TDs definately benefits QBs especially Brees, so might be a good move, id say to bolster RB but .5 ppr helps and i think Smith is great for PPR. Owens is a hit or miss every week and i'd move him if you have someone interested, maybe see if he is willing to deal Bowe or Forte since it is PPR

Is ir just because I've had a few beers, or does that whole thing make absolutely no sense??

Bottom line is, he needs a reciever, but if he's not willing to do any of those deals for Calvin, you will probably have to do too much to land Brees. I'd just roll with Ryan, and not give your team away for an upgrade at 1 position.

WOw... I'd take that in a heart beat.

You mean you would take Brees and Stewart for Grant and Johnson... I'm leaning toward taking it before it gets pulled or he gets other offers. Still leaves me with playing 5 of this group weekly

DWilliams

KSmith

Marshall

Steve Smith NYG

SHolmes

TO

If either Marshall or TO could get close to what they've been, that's not so bad. Leaves me a little thin at RB, but I only need 1.