[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Waivers - Rest of Year Rankings

WashingtonD

Ok,

My RB situation is pretty ugly at this point and I could use some advice for my waivers this week.

Scoring = Rotisserie style...relevant categories are YPC, Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Currently I'm carrying LeSean McCoy, Brian Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Kevin Smith, and Clinton Portis (Ugh I know)

I'm going to have to drop either McCoy or Bush this week for sure...the question is which one (or both).

Help me out, rate the following players with that scoring system for the rest of the year...

Waiver Wire Targets

Donald Brown

Joseph Addai

Jerome Harrison

Ricky Williams

Carnell Williams

Derrick Ward

Larry Johnson

Ultimately do I keep Bush/McCoy or drop one or both for any of the above.

Right now I'm leaning toward dropping Bush for Donald Brown and holding onto the McCoy/Westbrook combo for now...though part of me says drop McCoy and grab Harrison as well. Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks,

WD

Edited by WashingtonD

I do think you need to keep McCoy with Westy. In my mind that gives you a good option no matter if Westy gets injured (which you know happens from time to time).

I actually like Smith. He had a poor week, but was a little dinged and played a tough defense. He is the main man and DET is improving (or at least putting some points up) so he should get goal-line work as well as yards. He also has a reasonable remaining schedule.

So I think that leaves you with Bush to drop. The question I ask myself is, 'Would I ever feel comfortable starting him?'. The answer is no, especially after the injuries in the NOS backfield didn't lead to much extra production for him.

For who to pickup, I'd say it probably comes down to Brown/Addai/ or Harrison. I probably lean to the IND backs for two reasons: they are on the better offense with their fair share of red zone work, and they have a better schedule in the upcoming weeks with nice matchups WK 7 & 9 (STL & HOU). Over the same period, CLE has a fairly tough schedule.

I bet they continue to use both backs fairly even, but may get Brown more involved after the BYE or when they are up in games. Since Addai has missed an occasional game to injury in recent years, I favor DBrown.

TBB's schedule is not great, nor is their team, or the RBBC.

Hopefully Portis turns it around and you can mix in some starts with him. He has been poor but I don't think you can cut him yet.

All of this somewhat depends on how many you need to start, if you can work trades after better production in the short term, etc.

Good luck.

-Heroes

Edited by Company of Heroes

Thanks for the in depth review CoH I appreciate it

Leaning toward dropping Bush and acquiring Brown right now...though I did just pitch this trade

Bush

Olsen

D Mason

P Harvin for

Buckhalter (drop for Donald Brown)

Cooley

Steve Smith (Carolina - who I love to have a great rest of season)

Johnny Knox or Nate Burleson (I left the choice to the owner)

If that goes down it makes it a no brainer for me to drop Bucky for Brown I think.

Thanks for the in depth review CoH I appreciate it

Leaning toward dropping Bush and acquiring Brown right now...though I did just pitch this trade

Bush

Olsen

D Mason

P Harvin for

Buckhalter (drop for Donald Brown)

Cooley

Steve Smith (Carolina - who I love to have a great rest of season)

Johnny Knox or Nate Burleson (I left the choice to the owner)

If that goes down it makes it a no brainer for me to drop Bucky for Brown I think.

Looks like you get better at TE and get the best WR of the deal and a clear #1 go-to guy for CAR (assuming they get their act together). While I like Harvin, Olsen, and Mason, they all play in offenses that will spread it around, limiting their upside and consistency. Good deal if you can pull it off.