[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady and Fred Jackson for Chris Johnson and Carson Palmer

kzook76

Need some honesty. I would be trading for Brady.

Trade is even up on points but there are factors that are leading to say no.

1) Selling off my number 1 RB even though I am upgrading at QB.

2) Tom Brady hasn't showed that he is as explosive this year. Will he?

3) Fred Jackson is sharing time with Lynch now. Will he continue to put up points.

I went to see what other RBs he has but none look like they would be close to an even trade. Slaton and Barber may both seem too one sided.

His other RBs are.

M Barber

S Slaton

D Sproles

J Stewart

ANY advice is appreciated. I will answer yours.

Not worth it... #1 RB's who get the lions share of the teams carries are becoming extremely rare, and you got one of them.

Yes, everyone wants to upgrade at QB, but Palmer should be a fine option if he stays healthy (and Brady's shoulder might be just as much of a risk as Palmer's arm). Of course Brady would be an upgrade for sure, but he's not worth giving up that rare commodity you got at RB.

Think about it this way, there's only about 7 guys who get the large majority of the carries every week (Peterson, MJD, Johnson, D. Williams (for now), SJax, Slaton, Forte, Gore, and Benson). Other than that, pretty much everyone else is splitting carries to some degree.

Conversely, solid QB's have no competition, and guys like Palmer can be just as valuable on any given week. This is why I would never trade a stud RB for a QB, unless its Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. There are no guarantees with any other QB in the league, and unless you have 2 other guys from that list of stud RBs, you'd be losing a rare and valuable piece of your team.

Brady is a good buy low candidate, but could continue to struggle somewhat, so temper you expectations.

CJ is a stud with game-changing ability and apparently not much of a committee to worry about.

I think the deal with FJax is not a good one for you. I would take the deal only if it included Slaton or Barber instead of FJax. And see if you can get Sproles thrown in.

Thanks for responding to my thread about D. Williams and Marshall.

I was able to get Palmer in a trade before week one in one of my leagues. I have played him with Confidence thus far. The only time i was nervous was when he had to play the Steelers, he dominated. He showed he can handle any defense on anyday. I'm sure he will have a bad day, as all QBs do. Brady, i never loved. He is a great QB, but this season i feel a lack of consistency.

Keep your team.