[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do ya'll ever start sandbagging DEFs for the playoffs early?

jordanzs

Many times, I've seen a close match decided by the play of the DSTs. The 49ers this past weekend is a good case in point.

Do you guys reach a point where you look at your team & say, "I don't need Felix Jones, I got 4 RBs who are better", meanwhile, the Titans, Texans, and Cardinal's DSTs can be useful when it counts. Those are the teams that the Rams play in weeks 14-16. If I don't pick up those D's, someone will pick them up & plug them in. Question is, how early to jump the gun?

Edited by jordanzs

Many times, I've seen a close match decided by the play of the DSTs. The 49ers this past weekend is a good case in point.

Do you guys reach a point where you look at your team & say, "I don't need Felix Jones, I got 4 RBs who are better", meanwhile, the Titans, Texans, and Cardinal's DSTs can be useful when it counts. Those are the teams that the Rams play in weeks 14-16. If I don't pick up those D's, someone will pick them up & plug them in. Question is, how early to jump the gun?

Be careful, what about team defenses that play Cleveland or Detroit or Oakland? It can be difficult to monopolize every scenario. Plus you have to give up 4 players to get those extra defenses. FelixJones is one player who can light it up big time when healthy and given his current teams OL and coach's call playing leaning to the run side.

And as the previous poster said not to try this too early. You cannot predict injuries. If one happens after your hoarding spree you probably wont have the same players you dropped to chose from.

Personally I wouldnt do it to the extent you are trying. Better to play 1-2 weeks ahead and maybe carry 2 defenses into the 1st week of the playoffs and drop each one for another as each week plays out.