[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need another defense

ParLawGod

Well, I've run into a pickle...both of my defenses have bye weeks (New Orleans and Green Bay). I do not want to drop either defense, and was wondering who you all think I should drop to make room for another defense; my team:

QB (1 start): Rodgers/Schaub

RB (2 start): Slaton/Portis/Grant/Thomas

WR (3 start): Fitzgerald/Jennings/Smith(NY)/Sims-Walker

TE (1 start): Cooley/Celek

K (1 start): Kaeding

DEF (1 start): GB and NO

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

Hi - no, not required to keep a minimum number of defenses. New Orleans leads in fantasy points in my league right now, so I'm pretty glad to have them (IF they keep it up). GB has been about average in points. Other defenses available: CIN, SD, IND, BUF, MIA, CHI, ARI, OAK, DAL, HOU, SEA, NE, ATL, JAC, PIT, TB, KC, DET, CLE, StL - in order of most to least fantasy points scored in my league...

Here is where my 'no kicker' strategy can come into play. However, I agree with the previous poster. If you had Pittsburgh Baltimore both on byes I may be easier to understand it more.

Anyway if you are dead set on keeping the 2 Def you have, I would drop the kicker before any other player. Pick up a defense and play them and keep close watch on your score. If after the noon games you appear to have a big advantage then consider leaving the K spot empty. If score is close then if a kicker is available Sunday night or Monday then wait til after the afternoon games have ended and re-evaluate.

In this scenario, you only have to fill the K spot if the matchup is close. if you are loosing big or winning big it wont matter.

Interesting strategy, if the league i'm in allowed that then I would be tempted to try it out.

Defense for your bye - I think Buf or Dal just based off their matchups - I'm leaning towards Buf. Then after the bye you can drop Buf and have NO the rest of the way. I think that NO def will be good all year, they get out to a quick lead and then make the other team play catch up so then the def can ball hawk.

Nice team btw... if you HAD to drop any of them (and couldn't employ the no kicker strategy) then Portis is my least favorite on your team. But still worth keeping in my mind.