[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS - Westy/McCoy or Westy/Ray Rice?

DAS

Right now I've got Westy and Ray Rice in my lineup for today. However, I've got a funny feeling that playing my handcuff together with the starter might give some pretty good dividends against a not so great Tampa Bay defense (yes, I'm a Tampa native and can't say the words out loud). My reasoning is that I won a league championship a couple of years ago with a WR combo of Moss/Welker (completely different story, I know, and I also had Brady that year).

My other suspicion is that all Ray Rice's runs seem to be just that, runs - McGahee takes all the goal line carries away. I keep thinking that one day he's going to break out, and of course, the one day that happens will probably be the one day he rides my bench, but is today the best chance?

My opponent is starting Clinton Portis and Deangelo Williams, and our scoring system is 1 point per 10 yards (point given after 5), 6 points per touchdown, 3 point bonus after 100 yards.

Don't know if its important info but we are a keeper league - its my 6th year with Westbrook, so I'm very familiar with his tendencies, and my Spidey sense is telling me that if the game gets ridiculous he may not play much in the second half, so I'm REALLY thinking about McCoy!

Thanks for any advice you can give - as you can tell, I'm not very proficient at this!

Not a Philly fan, but being from PA I see a lot of Eagles games and weekday info. I really think that Reid is gaining a ton of confidence in McCoy and feels he and Westy are interchangeable. Not that McCoy will pass westy on the depth chart ever, but everyone knows Westy's injury history and Reid will want to keep him out of harms way when this game gets out of hand. Plus Donovan coming off an injury will also play into the hands of the running or short passing game.

As you can tell, I'd probably double-dip the Eagles run game this week with your choices.

Edited by kdog55

One thing to remember about Eagles, Big Red loves to throw the ball and would do it every down if he thought he could get away with it. I would stick with Rice cause the guy is a stud and just need Willis to stop vulturing his TDs and he will be in at the beginning, mid, end. Mcoy looks good but i don't think he gonna get enough touches to out do Ray even with a blowout. Ray is the play. At least thats my opinion, but i am an eagles fan and am hoping to see 100 2 tds from bwest and shady :wacko: