[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need help on this trade

Felix

This is a standard scoring league, NO ppr.

My Team

RB's

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Clinton Portis

Kevin Smith

WR

Chad OchoCinco

Steve Smigh CAR

Bernard Berrian

The Trade

Ray Rice and Steve Smith for Reggie Wayne

I'm tied for first in my division with a record of 3 and 2 and leading in points. Please advise on this trade, all help is appreciated. Thank you.

i agree with maganon on trying for the package first for sure. but on further examination if he says no i still think you go for it. I like rice and have him on a lot of my teams, but i am not sure how much McGahee is going to take away from him. I think with This trade you get a top 3 WR for the year who is guaranteed money week to week. k.Smith and Portis will be alright if you are playing the matchup game, or you could try your luck trading them for someone slumping like MJD or SJax who will bounce back. Portis did just have a 2 td game and hes getting about 17-22 touches a contest, so he is as valuable as he is going to be this week.

http://imaginarygridiron.blogspot.com check out my new football blog

i agree with maganon on trying for the package first for sure. but on further examination if he says no i still think you go for it. I like rice and have him on a lot of my teams, but i am not sure how much McGahee is going to take away from him. I think with This trade you get a top 3 WR for the year who is guaranteed money week to week. k.Smith and Portis will be alright if you are playing the matchup game, or you could try your luck trading them for someone slumping like MJD or SJax who will bounce back. Portis did just have a 2 td game and hes getting about 17-22 touches a contest, so he is as valuable as he is going to be this week.

http://imaginarygridiron.blogspot.com check out my new football blog

Its a tough choice. I'm still on the fence about it.

Ok I'm going to give you my take on this and then you come to your own conclusion.

Wayne is a great player but the colts are a lot like the Saints, there is A LOT of targets on that team. I'm not saying Wayne isn't worth to trade for but for what your giving really doesn't equal to the risk you would have to endure every week. There may be some weeks where Wayne might not get you more than 5 points due to Payton's options on that given game.

Now Rice, sure there is some risk with McGahee there but my god, Rice is a freaking beast even without a TD. I have him in a PPR league and he is a easy top 5 RB. In a non PPR he still is a top 15 RB. AP,Rice as a tandem is awsome.

Smith is the clear cut #1 in CAR. Now I know CAR has been crapping the bed, but I believe he will still end up with 1100/80/10.

All in all, I think you should stick with what you have.

Edited by RJV