[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Made THREE trades this week!

Muriel23

I'm leaving my team prior to the trades in my sig for the purpose of this post.

My goals of these trades were:

A) to upgrade QB for someone who will give me a higher average point total per game

:wacko: to gain some depth at RB

Trade #1 - I GAVE Holmes, Favre & Parker : I GOT Cutler, Addai and Gage

Trade #2 - I GAVE Marshall : I GOT Roethlesberger

Trade #3 - I GAVE Palmer : I GOT Flaaco

So my new roster is looking like:

QB - Roethlethingy

RB - P. Thomas

RB - D. Williams

WR - A. Johnson

WR - DeSean Jackson

RB/TE/WR - J. Addai

TE - B. Celek

K - Rackers

DEF - Denver

BN - T. Ginn

BN - P. Garcon

BN - A. Gonzolez

BN - J. Flaaco

BN - J. Cutler

BN - D. Brown

BN - IND

I didn't even realize through the madness of working out these 3 trades that I now have 3 of the top 11 QB's thus far in our league. So naturally now I will be trying to pitch either Flaaco or Cutler (need to look into schedules etc to make this decision) for either a decent WR option or possibly more RB depth if possible.

So how do you think I came out with these deals? Overall did I upgrade or am I in trouble now?

Edited by Muriel23

Oh.

I forgot to mention. As soon as I aquired Gage I dropped him and picked up Ted Ginn out of the FA pool haha.

The guy that drafted him dropped him last week and I guess people forgot he was floating out there. With Henne at the helm in Miami now, Ginns value went way up for his remaining games this year in my opinion.

Too much activity as far as I'm concerned ... I like that you got Cutler and Addai and personally would've stopped right there. I feel like you took an unnecessary hit at WR to get Big Ben, because you were alright at QB ... You didn't get enough of an upgrade at QB to make that move. If you can work out a trade for 1 of your QB's for another WR, I'd say that you'll be just fine.

Whew, you must be exhausted, busy week. Good luck!

I feel like you took an unnecessary hit at WR to get Big Ben, because you were alright at QB ...

I actually made the Big Ben trade prior to trading Palmer for Flaaco. Big Ben is a Huge step up from Palmer IMO so at the time it seemed like a good move, to get a top 5-7 QB.

the Palmer for Flacco trade doesn't make sense to me.......there was no need there. Woulda gave Palmer for another Flex player.

The only reason I made this trade was because I got the better QB out of the deal, being as it was a straight up trade, then why not?

Now I'm using Flaaco or Cutler as trade bait for another RB/WR Flex option

Lol... that is hilarious. Trade Junkie.

I don't mean that in a bad way, as long as you are successful in trading one of those QB's for a WR that is equal to or greater than Marshall.

The problem is there's no guarantees you can do that, and that's why you should have stopped after the first trade with an obvious upgrade in Cutler, just as the above poster said.

This reminds me of when I was a kid at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, and pin-trading was all the rage (lame I know). My cousin managed to trade away two nice pins, and continued trading until he was only left with one single crappy plastic one, and we laughed at him all the way home.

Thus is the problem with overtrading. You might be doing fine for a while, but eventually you can come across another owner who is going to ask you leave a gaping hole in your team to get what you want, and you might have no choice at that point. But good luck, as the trades you've made don't seem unfair in themselves.