[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start SJAX over Gore in PPR league this week?

LogDog

Hi, and thanks for the help.

1PPR, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, 6pts/td's

I have R.Rice vs. Denver, SJAX vs. Detroit, Gore @ Indy, and Lynch vs. Houston.

Would it be crazy to start SJAX over Gore considering the matchup?

I think Rice is a must start in PPR. I drafted Gore as my #1, but he's just coming off a high ankle sprain and they

are at Indy. SJAX hasn't found paydirt yet, but they're playing Detroit.

I'd appreciate some advice/insight. Thanks.

Edited by LogDog

Well, I confirmed the reason why I didn't want to waste the time going to look up your matchups...

The answer is incredibly easy, and I shouldn't even have to tell you that:

Going up against Indy usually means that you will be playing from behind... Playing from behind usually favors the pass, not the run.

Going up against Detroit means that you will likely either be up scores or at least in the game. Versus a weak D, this usually favors the run. If you're not going to start SJax when he has a favorable matchup, and your other RBs don't, then when will you start him?

Really the better question is whether you should play Rice against a much improved Bronco's D, or play Gore instead. If it's PPR, then you know Gore and SJax will get their carries, including any goal-line TDs. I could give you a little more advice, but spent all that time looking up the questions you should have been able to answer without my help.

I would start Jackson best player and receiver on that team, he racks up close to 100 yards of total offense or will just go nuts like he did last week with 134 yards rushing. He will get to end zone, hopefully soon cause I have him also. He would be best fantasy player if he had a couple of TDs by now.