[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers or Romo?

Irish27

I am leaning towards Romo because the guy I am playing has Austin as one of his receivers, along with Fitzgerald. My two starting receivers are Boldin and Evans. As you can see, he has the advantage so I was thinking if Romo connects with Austin, that should somewhat offset his touchdowns. Is this correct thinking and should I start Romo or go with Rivers and hope he has a much bigger game than Tony?

that is one of the worst strategies honestly..you gotta go with your guns man..and that actually only benefits him since its his WR spot. he will get some of ur QB points..you gotta go with the best man and the best matchup..and with rivers goin against OAK you could see a big running day for LT and sproles..but you could see a big day in the air to..its a tough choice cause the same thing can happen with romo against seattle.

i think your gonna have to roll with RIVERS!

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=305252

I've been guilty of taking this line of thinking. I'll even sometimes draft the same QB and top WR from a team to double up, but when it comes to your opponent, you have to think a little bit differently, as this strategy can backfire big time.

Yes, I agree that starting the QB against a WR from the same team can seem to be a good strategy, because his guy can only put up big points if your QB does as well. That's the idea anyway. However, in cases such as this one, where one WR might even get the bulk of the team's yardage, he can actually put up better numbers (because yardage counts more heavily for WRs). Yes, you offset the TD's, but the yardage could work in his favor (especially in PPR this can be the case). I actually saw Warner get outscored by a Breaston/Boldin combo last year.

Of course, it could also end up working in your favor if he throws to other recievers besides Austin, especially for TDs, but...

With all that said, the best way to counteract a WR's performance is to choose the QB who will score the most points. What will it matter if both Romo and Austin's performances offset, but Fitz or one of his other players has a blow-up game, and you lose because of the extra points you would have had with Rivers on the bench...

You'll be saying, why did I get cute, and not just start Rivers?