[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty ballsy trade I'm thinking of proposing, would you do this?

jordanzs

I have a 2nd place team, and leading in points.

The one area that I'm a little weak is QB. I have Matt Ryan & Alex Smith. Our league gives -1 points for sacks & -2 points for interceptions, so last week when I played Ryan & Roddy, I got 8 points from Ryan & 22 points from Roddy. Go figure.

We start 3 receivers, and I have 4 receivers that I think are really good:

Roddy White

Ochocinco

Jennings

Austin

Another team has Brady & Big Ben, so one of them would be expendable (I would guess he's leave Brady in, but who knows, maybe he'll part with Tom for the right price).

His receivers are pretty lame. Housh is his #1, Nicks is his #2, so he'd definitely be interested in an upgrade.

If you were me, would you offer him one of my superior receivers in exchange for Housh & Big Ben?

The other owner is stoked to give me Big Ben & Nicks for Austin or Jennings. He's at the lower end & battling for a playoff spot, and would appreciate the WR upgrade. Now I just gotta decide if I want to pull the trigger.

My team would be pretty powerful with a starting lineup of:

Big Ben, AP, Ray Rice, Roddy White, Ocho, Jennings (or Austin), Vernon Davis, Bengals or Cardinals D.

I'd still have Ryan, Pierre Thomas, Nicks, and Greg Olsen on the bench for injury replacements.

I was a big believer in Ryan, as I have him in this league & 2 dynasty leagues, but 2009 just doesn't seem to be his year, and he's been my low man on the totem poll in this redrafter league. Oh well.

Edited by jordanzs

I have a 2nd place team, and leading in points.

The one area that I'm a little weak is QB. I have Matt Ryan & Alex Smith. Our league gives -1 points for sacks & -2 points for interceptions, so last week when I played Ryan & Roddy, I got 8 points from Ryan & 22 points from Roddy. Go figure.

We start 3 receivers, and I have 4 receivers that I think are really good:

Roddy White

Ochocinco

Jennings

Austin

Another team has Brady & Big Ben, so one of them would be expendable (I would guess he's leave Brady in, but who knows, maybe he'll part with Tom for the right price).

His receivers are pretty lame. Housh is his #1, Nicks is his #2, so he'd definitely be interested in an upgrade.

If you were me, would you offer him one of my superior receivers in exchange for Housh & Big Ben?

I think you're jumping the gun here on Matt Ryan. Besides, Big Ben isn't exactly known for NOT getting sacked or throwing picks, either. I'd say that right now, Ryan has better protection, and has a better ground game to rely on, as well.

7 of Ryan's 9 sacks on the season have come in the last two games, just as 5 of his 9 INT's on the season. That's a testament of Atlanta facing solid teams (Dallas and NO), and Ryan having to play from behind.

Outside of that, his protection has been sound, and his decision-making was fairly good. He has elite weapons, and he's already a game or two away from matching last season's touchdown total.

He's only getting better, while you know the Steelers will try to run the ball first every game if they can.

Big Ben has had some sick yardage games, but has one less passing touchdown, and has sustained 11 more sacks (20) on the season.

How does that look like a good swap? To me, it doesn't at all.

I guess I'm also assuming that I will be in the playoffs (8 teams make it, and my team is way ahead of many of the others).

Over a 3 week playoff stretch, The Steelers look like this:

Week 14: at cleveland. Big Ben can tear them apart

Week 15: at home against the Packers. Green Bay can get beat through the air, they seem to be better against the run

Week 16: at home agains The Ravens. That will most likely be a major battle for playoff positioning, and I can see Baltimore shutting down Mendenhall & forcing the Steelers to throw.

The Falcons play New Orleans in week 14 & The Jets in week 15. I can see both of those teams causing problems for Matt Ryan. The Falcons do play Buffalo in week 16, so I could always rotate Ryan back in for that game if needed.

Last year in this league, I was the #1 seed in the playoffs, and had the most stacked team. In the playoffs though, I got taken out in the 1st round by the #8 seed, mainly because he had Matt Cassel who went off that week, much more than Drew Brees did. This year I want to be the one with the a$$ kicking QB when it matters most.

Edited by jordanzs

Trade done!

I gave Jennings & Alex Smith

I got Big Ben & Hakeem Nicks

Was hard to decide on parting with Austin or Jennings. I chose to keep Austin because I already have Jennings on 2 other teams, and I like to have player variety between leagues. Will be nice to rotate Roethlesberger & Ryan, although I'll play Ben most of the time.