[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 2 to start, Steve Smith(CAR), Burleson or Vernon Davis?

dfine

Which 2 of the 3 would you start? Scoring is 10% yardage, rushing and receiving, 5 points Td's, NO PPR. Tight ends and Wide Receivers are the same.

I really have to start 4 WR's each week and must have 6 on my roster. The other 2 I am definitely starting is Vincent Jackson and DeSean Jackson. I need to pick my final 2.

Steve Smith(CAR) at New Orleans: They will be behind and they will have to throw.

Vernon Davis vs Tenn: Tennessee gives up a lot of catches to tight ends, and Davis has been scoring almost every week.

Nate Burleson vs Detroit: Detroit is not very good against the pass, but it could be a blowout. Burleson could get his early, though.

Tough decisions.

If possible, can you explain why you chose the two. My first instincts are to start Smith and Davis, but it is also hard to sit Burleson.

Let me know what you think?

I like all 3 options, but my preferences are Vernon Davis and Steve Smith. Both are coming off good games, so I would play the hot hand. Burleson has a good match-up, but his numbers are up and down. You can say the same thing about Smith, but he's the go-to guy for Carolina and Burleson competes for targets with T.J. Houshmandzadeh and John Carlson. Again, I like Burleson this weekend, but I like Davis and Smith better.

Edited by electricrelish

Which 2 of the 3 would you start? Scoring is 10% yardage, rushing and receiving, 5 points Td's, NO PPR. Tight ends and Wide Receivers are the same.

I really have to start 4 WR's each week and must have 6 on my roster. The other 2 I am definitely starting is Vincent Jackson and DeSean Jackson. I need to pick my final 2.

Steve Smith(CAR) at New Orleans: They will be behind and they will have to throw.

Vernon Davis vs Tenn: Tennessee gives up a lot of catches to tight ends, and Davis has been scoring almost every week.

Nate Burleson vs Detroit: Detroit is not very good against the pass, but it could be a blowout. Burleson could get his early, though.

Tough decisions.

If possible, can you explain why you chose the two. My first instincts are to start Smith and Davis, but it is also hard to sit Burleson.

Let me know what you think?

I get the whole "playing from behind" thing, but that logic can backfire in a bad way. Sedrick Ellis is out for the Saints for a few more weeks yet, and after Michael Turner gashed them for 150+ yards, its fairly reasonable to think D Williams and co. can run on the Saints. But pass? Not with Delhomme. I love Steve Smith, but nothing changes Delhomme's inability to effectively and consistently get the ball deep.

And really, NOW is the time to start betting against Darren Sharper's secondary? It took Smith seven games to get his first score. Lord knows it's going to be a while before the next one.

I lie Burleson against the Lions. Detroit can't stop the pass, and Burleson is Hasselbeck's favorite and most consistent target.

The same goes for Vernon Davis, as he faces a nice match-up with Tennessee. They stopped the Jaguars alright, but Jacksonville's pass offense has been awful since they got trounced by Seattle. Alex Smith has a connection with Davis, and four touchdowns in their past two games says sitting him now would be a poor decision.

V Davis and N Burleson are my calls. Hope they work for you.

I liked what Carolina did with Steve Smith last week

Got him the ball on an end around....threw him a few smoke patterns, then the brilliant "smoke and go" which they won't get away with this week.

All this on the back of a 6-99 effort against a tough Buffalo D

To make things more confusing I'll wade in saying Burelson and Smith

The good news is that you will not go awfully wrong with whomever you start

Best of Luck,

WashD