[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you rather own from here on out?

jordanzs

I've been ripping on Jennings for a while, calling him a bust for where he was drafted, but I watched the Vikings/Packers game, and kinda sensed a shift back towards Jennings being the big play receiver. He was making some great tough catches.

My latest cheatsheet ranks Jennings #13, and Austin #14, with pretty much identical points per game.

Just wondering how Austin will hold up once defenses start double teaming him.

Edited by jordanzs

I watched the Vikings/Packers game, and kinda sensed a shift back towards Jennings being the big play receiver. He was making some great tough catches.

My latest cheatsheet ranks Jennings #13, and Austin #14, with pretty much identical points per game.

Just wondering how Austin will hold up once defenses start double teaming him.

The real question is, who will last the season: Tony Romo or Aaron Rodgers? Kidding. Sort of.

But really, Austin isn't just a head among the masses. He's literally the only receiver in Dallas that makes things happen on his own (like T.O. did), but h doesn't demand the ball or disrupt the offense.

Jennings, on the other hand, is just one of the many options in a very balanced pass attack. One that is also hindered by a weak running game and a horrible blocking scheme that doesn't work anymore.

Jennings has the name and the better recent game, but I actually like Austin better. The guy has scored in three straight games and is a touchdown waiting to happen. Not that Jennings isn't, but come on. Austin is more reliable right now.

I have to agree (I know Kevin won't be able to believe it when he reads this), but as a Jennings owner myself, I thought I was getting a consistent #1WR. However, with all the woes on GB's line, Rodgers hasn't really gotten the time to hit him deep, and even when he does, Jennings is for sure looking like a boom or bust player.

The good news is GB has gotten some key pieces back on the O line, and things should run a little smoother for Rodgers to find Jennings in the future. But I won't believe he's consistent until I see it this week and the next.

Austin has obviously established himself as the clear-cut #1 there, but Dallas has enough offensive threats that I don't see them being able to key in on him the whole game. One has to think about the fact that Witten's struggles have come with Austin's success, implying that defenses are trying to take Witten out of the game. Whether they will choose to double-team him or Witten from now on is anyone's guess, but at least the pressure's not all on Austin. He is definitely the more consistent pick of the two right now.

I'm stuck with Jennings starting myself, (having no better options), but let's see how much things can improve for him with some pass-blocking help. Until then, I don't think it'd be foolish to play Austin over him at all (unless you have another consistent WR and want to take the gamble on Jennings putting up some big numbers. They do have a pretty nice matchup at TB).

I guess the reason that I'm asking is that I'm looking to trade one of them for a QB upgrade.

I have Roddy White, Ochocinco, Jennings, and Austin as my receivers. We start 3, and bye weeks are over.

My QBs are Matt Ryan & Alex Smith. I don't like Ryan's playoff matchup. The Saints can give him problems in week 14, as well as The Jets in Week 15.

I'm probably gonna send off Jennings or Austin to get Big Ben & Nicks. Just trying to figure which receiver to say goodbye to.