[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones for NYG's Steve Smith

JimmyKerrigan

Hello all,

I am in a keeper PPR league and I have Thomas Jones. Should I trade him for the Giants' Steve Smith? My 2 RB keeper slots will be taken by DeAngelo Williams and Matt Forte but so far Thomas has been my most reliable back. (Although that last game without Leon Washington there was scary, defenses now get to key on Jones.)

One positive is that I get to off-load Jones during his Bye week and my receivers are _trash_. DeSean Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Bernard Berrian, Patrick Crayton, and Malcolm Floyd. Basically waiver wire trash, though I do adore DeSean for making me look like a genius. (Go Bears.) If Anquan wasn't hurt my WRs wouldn't suck that bad but right now Steve Smith looks good.

The questions really is: Does Steve smith actually have long term value? He sucked it up for the last month but posted 8 grabs last week (for like 67 yards, not exactly the average I'm looking for).

Hello all,

I am in a keeper PPR league and I have Thomas Jones. Should I trade him for the Giants' Steve Smith? My 2 RB keeper slots will be taken by DeAngelo Williams and Matt Forte but so far Thomas has been my most reliable back. (Although that last game without Leon Washington there was scary, defenses now get to key on Jones.)

One positive is that I get to off-load Jones during his Bye week and my receivers are _trash_. DeSean Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Bernard Berrian, Patrick Crayton, and Malcolm Floyd. Basically waiver wire trash, though I do adore DeSean for making me look like a genius. (Go Bears.) If Anquan wasn't hurt my WRs wouldn't suck that bad but right now Steve Smith looks good.

The questions really is: Does Steve smith actually have long term value? He sucked it up for the last month but posted 8 grabs last week (for like 67 yards, not exactly the average I'm looking for).

First of all, I don't think your receivers are "trash". Jackson has huge potential every single week, and as long as Boldin is healthy, he's a WR2. Berrian is a decent WR3, too, but yes, if you add Simith, you would vastly improve your WR corps.

Is he all you're aiming for, though? TJ is the lead back on a team with a rookie QB. They'll run him into the ground all season, so you can't trade him straight-up for one WR. He's too valuable.

Try trading him for two solid receivers, and see where that puts you, otherwise, don't do it. Smith is good and all, but I'd rather have Jackson or Boldin as a keeper, anyways at WR. Jones could help you win THIS year.

I shouldn't say such mean things about DeSean Jackson. He's ridiculous and it's nice to see Philly squander him (what, 5 looks a game?) yet have him still be possibly the most explosive WR in the league.

Boldin is also amazing but I don't trust him to be healthy for the next month. He does get St. Louis and Detroit during the fantasy playoffs so I won't be shipping him.

Berrian frustrates me.

You're probably right about me keeping Thomas Jones...

Eff! I wonder what two wide-outs I could get for him. Our league is... interesting... The managers are not as dumb as they used to be. I'd never get my hands on Ochocinco, for instance.

For reference, with our scoring format (1 point per 20 yards, 1 point per reception, and 6 points for TDs) Steve Smith has scored 107 points to Jones' 82.