[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trade advice

Sammy D.

The guy that I play this week has offered me Fitzgerald straight up for Chris Johnson. This would leave me with my starting backs as Turner and Pierre Thomas for the rest of the year, which isn't that bad, and my receivers would be Fitz, Megatron and more often than not Sidney Rice. This is very tempting, but could I get more for Johnson? Any advice here? I have until 15 minutes before kickoff to do this........what does anyone have to say about this? Send a link, I will answer yours.............thanks in advance, as always.

I dunno, Pierre Thomas is kind of a large downgrade from Johnson. I just don't know that you'll make up those points (plus more to make it a good trade). Unless you have an absolutely terrible WR3, I could just see it hurting more than helping.

Healthy RBs who consistently perform and get the lions share of carries are rare this year, and even though Fitzgerald was a legitimate #1 pick, he hasn't proved this year to be consistent or explode enough to be worth ditching Johnson.

But alot depends on how bad your WR3 is, because otherwise, the whole deal is a wash at best.

Its a PPR league with yardage bonuses...here is my roster

Eli

Turner

Chris Johnson

Pierre

Fargas

Forsett

Megatron

Mason

Rice

Witten

Celek

I was thinking the same thing as you......it absolutely weakens my depth at RB, and Fitz hasn't really lit it up this year, but he is Fitz and that could happen at any moment. But in turn, I do play this guy this week....and he has, on many opportunities, pissed me off with his antics this year. Not to mention he loses AP this week, and I need a win to get back over .500- sounds like I am answering my own question here doesn't it?

Thats tough. Chris Johnson has a very favorable schedule the rest of the way and could be huge during the playoffs. Fitz also has a very favorable schedule from here on out. I would try to package something with pierre thomas and see if you can get him to bite on that.

He does also own Mike Bell, so Pierre may be of interest to him...........maybe Pierre and Witten for Fitz?

Ya, I'd see about something like that. Anything that can preserve your RB duo would be huge, cuz your sitting nice there.

Assuming your saying that you can play Witten and Celek in WR spots, then your WRs don't look so bad, and certainly not bad enough to justify losing Johnson...But obviously you've come to that conclusion too.

Considering that the guy actually has a need for Pierre, then you might be able to do this, but I'd have a backup plan in mind, as he definitely might not go for it. The only issue is you'd be relying on your RBs to stay healthy, as Pierre is your best backup, but ya, if you can turn him into a stud #2 like Fitz, then ship him out.

Yes, we play TEs as receivers.......good stuff here guys, I countered w/ Pierre and Witten for Fitz, if he bites, great, if not, well then I will just keep my depth and move on. Thanks and good luck this weekend.

Edited by Sammy D.