[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Has the Better Matchup and does it matter?

wit

I have Ganther vs. NYG, Pierre Thomas vs. Dal, Chris Jennings vs KC, Michael Turner vs. NYJ and Cadillac vs. Sea. I can start 2, currently Ganther and Thomas. I could possibly start a third at Flex where Shiancoe (@ Car.) has been hanging out all season in a PPR league. I am facing the number 1 seed in the semi's this week. Very torn on pulling Shiancoe for a third RB. Tell me what you think.

Rest of team--

QB - Warner

WR - R. Moss, Collie and AJ

TE - Gates

K - Gostkowski

DST - Miami

In a PPR, I can see why you'd consider benching Shiancoe. His value is tied to his ability to score TDs. He has only topped the 3-4 catch range once and only topped 50 yards a couple times. Chris Jennings is a swing for the fences, but his upside has to be higher than Shiancoe's given the matchup and likelihood he will get the bigger part of the split of carries. If Shiancoe was completely healthy, I'd say stick with him. But knowing he isn't, his ceiling is probably 4-45-1. That's about 14 points in standard scoring. I don't think he is by any means a shoe in to score a TD though. Minnesota knows that Carolina's defense is much weaker vs the run than the pass. I wouldn't be surprised by another 2-20 effort from Shiancoe. So roll with Jennings and hope you catch lightning in a bottle, but even if you don't, I'll be Shiancoe doesn't outscore Jennings by more than a few fantasy points anyway.