[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Championship Lineup Quandry

conian

My season is at it's final game and I have - after keeping the best record of any team in my league, limped to the playoffs...losing my last two games of the regular season...but at least I won this week...convincingly. the team I face has been hot and has won their last 5 games with fairly high scores.

My lineup and their matchups are giving me headaches this week, and I know I am going to overthink this and bench the wrong player. So I ask, please help me make good informed and logical decisions and pray the Fantasy gods smile on me one more time.

I am in an NFL.com league, non PPR QB TD's = 6points

I need one QB...Warner or Smith? Both have good match-ups and I lean toward warner because they still have reason to play, and niners are out completely.

RB's...due to injuries etc I am down to 2 RB's - Williams and MJD I can start 1 or 2. MJD to me is a must start, and Ricky has a decent matchup so I feel both are usable.

WR's - I can start 3 or 4, but since I am starting Rick at #2RB Flex - UNLESS I am convinced one of my receivers would be a better play - I am starting three.

This is the major quandry. Which three??? Reggie Wayne has done me well, however, IF he does play a full game this week will he be able to overcome revis, or will he just be the guy who keeps revis busy while Garcon or Collie or Clark scores? I have Garcon, and Collie is available on waivers...should I grab Collie, who has been getting the tds (3 in the last 4 weeks) or plug in Garcon who may get the benefit of the single coverage and MAYBE will score...something he hasn't done recently.

I think I am gonna go with MSW as one of the receivers.He is NOT a stud, but is the next best thing to one, Jags are fighting for a playoff spot and New England is giving up enough through the air to warrant him getting something out of it.

DeSean Jackson has the Denver coverage on him - will he break free and get a big TD or will he disappear this week as he has several times this year? I want to play him, his upside is too good - but the Broncos have been really good at shutting down opposing WR's except for the colts in the past 4 weeks they are still in the top 4 against WR's...

I have Antonio Bryant, who pulls a nice matchup against the Saints DST which in recent weeks has been one of the best at points given up to Wr's, so he has definite upside...the downside is intangibles...like rookie QB vs PO'ed saints for losing a game...unsure of how that will actually factor in this game?

Then Braylon Edwards...God help me...mr. boom or bust has a nice matchup against the colts who have given up nice yardage in recent weeks to WR's...need to check to see if the missing pieces are getting healthy or if they will continue to assist WR's...

Hakeem Nicks is unlikely at this point, but his matchup, if he is good to go, is not extremely favorable as the Panther's have been pretty close to shut down in the secondary in recent weeks...

And then there is Kenny Britt, who I am unsure if I can rely on...with Gage back in the mix and him nursing a sprained at least finger... his matchup, if good to go, is not terrible, but I don't feel inspired by him atm.

Finley is a no brainer for the TE spot

I pickup Joe Nedney in hopes of a good week against a bad Det D

and I am unsure whether to Play the Saints or the Browns (waiver pickup) both have good matchups, but Saints DST has not been scoring well in my league for three or more weeks, and the Browns DST has a good matchup against OAK, I think...plus there is always the threat of a Cribbs return...probably not likely cus he had two this past week, but..

Please help...Especially with the WR mess an secondarily with the DST.

Recap I need to start

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

2 Flex (RB/WR)

1 TE

1 K

1 DST

Thanks to all who contribute, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Edited by conian

My season is at it's final game and I have - after keeping the best record of any team in my league, limped to the playoffs...losing my last two games of the regular season...but at least I won this week...convincingly. the team I face has been hot and has won their last 5 games with fairly high scores.

My lineup and their matchups are giving me headaches this week, and I know I am going to overthink this and bench the wrong player. So I ask, please help me make good informed and logical decisions and pray the Fantasy gods smile on me one more time.

I am in an NFL.com league, non PPR QB TD's = 6points

I need one QB...Warner or Smith? Both have good match-ups and I lean toward warner because they still have reason to play, and niners are out completely.

RB's...due to injuries etc I am down to 2 RB's - Williams and MJD I can start 1 or 2. MJD to me is a must start, and Ricky has a decent matchup so I feel both are usable.

WR's - I can start 3 or 4, but since I am starting Rick at #2RB Flex - UNLESS I am convinced one of my receivers would be a better play - I am starting three.

This is the major quandry. Which three??? Reggie Wayne has done me well, however, IF he does play a full game this week will he be able to overcome revis, or will he just be the guy who keeps revis busy while Garcon or Collie or Clark scores? I have Garcon, and Collie is available on waivers...should I grab Collie, who has been getting the tds (3 in the last 4 weeks) or plug in Garcon who may get the benefit of the single coverage and MAYBE will score...something he hasn't done recently.

I think I am gonna go with MSW as one of the receivers.He is NOT a stud, but is the next best thing to one, Jags are fighting for a playoff spot and New England is giving up enough through the air to warrant him getting something out of it.

DeSean Jackson has the Denver coverage on him - will he break free and get a big TD or will he disappear this week as he has several times this year? I want to play him, his upside is too good - but the Broncos have been really good at shutting down opposing WR's except for the colts in the past 4 weeks they are still in the top 4 against WR's...

I have Antonio Bryant, who pulls a nice matchup against the Saints DST which in recent weeks has been one of the best at points given up to Wr's, so he has definite upside...the downside is intangibles...like rookie QB vs PO'ed saints for losing a game...unsure of how that will actually factor in this game?

Then Braylon Edwards...God help me...mr. boom or bust has a nice matchup against the colts who have given up nice yardage in recent weeks to WR's...need to check to see if the missing pieces are getting healthy or if they will continue to assist WR's...

Hakeem Nicks is unlikely at this point, but his matchup, if he is good to go, is not extremely favorable as the Panther's have been pretty close to shut down in the secondary in recent weeks...

And then there is Kenny Britt, who I am unsure if I can rely on...with Gage back in the mix and him nursing a sprained at least finger... his matchup, if good to go, is not terrible, but I don't feel inspired by him atm.

Finley is a no brainer for the TE spot

I pickup Joe Nedney in hopes of a good week against a bad Det D

and I am unsure whether to Play the Saints or the Browns (waiver pickup) both have good matchups, but Saints DST has not been scoring well in my league for three or more weeks, and the Browns DST has a good matchup against OAK, I think...plus there is always the threat of a Cribbs return...probably not likely cus he had two this past week, but..

Please help...Especially with the WR mess an secondarily with the DST.

Recap I need to start

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

2 Flex (RB/WR)

1 TE

1 K

1 DST

Thanks to all who contribute, I appreciate all the help I can get.

I'd stick with Warner. You're right they still have a lot to play for his matchup is great at home against STL.

Gotta go with MJD and Ricky for obvious reasons which leaves you with the three WR's as Desean, MSW and Garcon?

The last WR spot is a tough call, I think I would steer clear of Wayne though. The stats against Revis tell it all...

Desean is a stud you don't bench in my opinion, NE/Jax will be a shootout like Jax/Indy was go with MSW and lastly I would decide between Garcon and Collie? Need to look into that more to have an opinion.

Don't do anything rash based on play time, Wayne will rock the house. I'm rolling with Manning so you know my stomach is in knots waiting on Caldwell's next press conference. And start Warner at St Louis, he won't get another concussion this time!

Check out my poll please: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=312798