[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I overthinking - Should I bench Ray Rice?

Boom_Shakalaka

I am in a performance scoring league. I have ridden Drew Brees, Chris Johnson and Ray Rice to Championship game without even thinking. Now with all the marbles on the line, I don't exactly like Rice's matchup while my backups have good matches. I almost seem to be leaning toward Beanie.

Am I an idiot for benching Rice or is that the move to make??? Will need to score well to win....

Here's the deal

- Chris Johnson vs SD (no brainer stud)

-Ray Rice vs Pitt (Not a stellar matchup)

From the Huddle write-up- Ray Rice has been less productive in recent weeks with only one score in the last five games which came against the visiting Lions - also his only game over 88 rushing yards in that time. Rice has been pulled from some games at the end which lowers his potential output. Rice rushed for 88 yards on 19 carries and added 67 yards on five catches against the visiting Steelers four weeks ago. The Steelers have allowed just two rushing touchdowns in Pittsburgh this year and never more than 63 rushing yards. Expect a lower effort from Rice this week but his receptions should boost his fantasy value.

-Beanie Wells vs STL (porous rush D, 28th in the league)

Huddle write-up - Beanie Wells never looked so good as he did last week running 17 times for 110 yards and a score in Detroit. But even then, Tim Hightower came in to snake one short touchdown run and he also caught six passes for 64 yards in addition to his six carries. Wells has been running with great authority and showing power and moves.

Wells game targets to Hightowers the last two games

Vs Lions - 19 vs 16 looks - 123 total yds w/TD vs 38 total yds w/TD

Vs. 49ers - 12 vs 4 looks - 103 total yds w/ TD vs 16 total yds

- Jerome Harrison vs Oak (another porous rush D, 30th in league) - see this as a riskier pick

Huddle write-up -shocked the fantasy world when he rushed for 286 yards and three scores on 34 carries in the third best performance of all time and nearly 50 yards better than Jim Brown's previous franchise record. The Browns had relied in Chris Jennings as the primary back the previous week with decent results against the Steelers. There had been talk about using Josh Cribbs as a running back. But Harrison only had nine touches for 19 yards the previous week compared to 73 and a score on 20 runs by Jennings. Cribbs had 87 yards on eight runs that week as well. Harrison truly came from nowhere to accomplish what he did. He had no rushing scores in any other game this year. Now he has three. Assumedly setting NFL and team records buys Harrison a week as the starter but with HC Eric Mangini there is no guarantee and will always be risk.

The Raiders rushing defense is their main weakness and no doubt where the Browns will focus their energy. But they have only allowed a high of 110 rushing yards to a runner in an away game and as recently as last week held Knowshon Moreno to only 42 yards on 19 carries. Harrison deserves a fantasy start this week but he's no lock for a big game.