[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

Ed Hoyle

Would you do this trade? Gut says no, but like Aromashodu's potential.

My Roster

QB - VY or Josh Freeman

RB - Forte, Mendenhall, Jerome Harrison, J. Davis, B. Scott (Also have LT and LJ, but was going to cut them)

WR - A. Collie or Lee Evans

TE - O. Daniels, K. Winslow

I need to keep 9 of the above guys and would get Grant and Aromashodu by trading Mendy/Forte.

Dynasty League

Start

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Util. (Combination of RB/WR/TE...but cannot start more than 3 RB's)

1 PPR, 1 Pt./10 yards rush/rec.

I think Mendenhall is the best player in that trade, so I wouldn't trade him away for that. There's someone out there who will believe that Forte is in for a rebound. If you're not one of them, then see if you can trade Forte for Aromas straight up. I'm not a believer in Grant, I've been seeing rumors about the Packers going after Javid Best. Mendenhall looks to be a solid producer for years to come.

It's hard for me to believe that you'd even consider such a deal. Forte is a 200 pt RB in a ppr league and is about equivalent to Grant. So it's like Mendy for Aromashudu. I actually have Aroma on my dynasty squad, and I'm hoping for him to blow up. However, if someone was to give me Mendy for him, it would be without question the most lopsided trade in the history of our dynasty league.

I say keep Mendy, and let the Martz hype build up Forte's value (i.e. people thinking he's the next Faulk) and then trade him for better than what he's worth.

I was high on Devin Aromashudu as well, but now that Mike Martz is running the show, it's a whole different ballgame. The bigger receiver doesn't necessary excel in Martz's system. I think we may see guys like Johnny Knox be in the Torry Holt role. I'm interested to hear if others think that Aromashudu's potential may be limited due to Mike Martz's arrival.

I like Aromashudu, but Forte's value has gone up as well with the arrival of Martz. The trade is not equal in value right now, so no deal.

Edited by electricrelish

Imagine if after the 2008 season, you had Ryan Grant on your team, and you traded him straight up for Miles Austin, or Sidney Rice. Most people would've thought you were crazy, but maybe you saw something in Austin and noticed the potential that others were missing.

I think that trade is totally the equivilent of trading Forte away for Aromashadu right now. Aromas could suck and you'll lose out, but he's also got the potential to blow it up, and if you see it, go for it. If your intuition is right, you'll have the last laugh. If not, big deal, you just traded away Forte, no big loss.

My dynasty WR rankings have a lot of players that are currently ranked higher than Aromas, such as Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, etc, and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those owners would trade one of them for Forte. You may wanna try those routes.

But look into your fantasy football crystal ball, envision a 2012 cheatsheet, and decide if you think that Aromas will be high up there on the WR rankings, above Bowe, above Maclin, etc. Personally I wouldn't be surprised either way.

But leave Mendenhall out of the trade.

Edited by jordanzs