[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

States "going broke," can't pay unemployment

BeeR

1 thing...

VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS AND START OVER!!!!!!

1 thing...

VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS AND START OVER!!!!!!

Unfortunately just that wont help. It is just as much the armies of lobbyists and staffers that do the "real" work of congressional reps. Until the actual atmosphere and attitude of Washington DC changes . . . nothing else will. :wacko:

The only reason I pointed out the article was 4 months old was because I read the whole thing with the impression that it was a recent article,; I'm guessing the original poster thought the same or didn't realize that it's April 2010.

No, but the article is still just as relevant. Very relevant to me in fact. In fact, more so now given that 4 months later they are still effing around.

And ho much time do I spend damning Obama? Go look.
Stop trying to mess up another brilliant baseless personal attack. Do you even know where you are?

I don't comment all that much these days on political issues because quite frankly I find most of the people that participate in the threads to be nasty about it, and I don't want to get dragged down to that level.

Refreshing. But again: are you lost?

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out where the fark all this money is that Obama pushed through. The age of the article doesn't take away from that - in fact if anything, drives it home all the more. Certainly not wanting/intending to digress into yet another predictably idiotic huddle.com left vs right cat fight - although I guess it was inevitable :wacko: Just a "wtpho."

There is going to be a whole lot more of this as more states teeter on the brink of insolvency. Not to be a chicken little, but looking at the finincial health of local municipalities, states and feds does little to assure anybody about the future. Education, infrastructure, government pensions - just going to get profoundly ugly. :wacko:

you should be warned....that sort of talk might get you called a doom and gloomer or maybe you're just not wishing for the best when all the signs point to disaster.....

this has probably already occurred as I haven't read any further...