[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good idea as a punishment for kids

BeeR

This is not meaning to get into a big what is/isn't the way to go on punishing your kids - that's subjective, personal, and debatable plenty in itself. Just that my sister has a good one that I thought some might find useful...

It relates to my neice/nephew wanting to play that "2d life" online thing. (background here if interested: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=316532). Bottom line she said no and my nephew got busted joining and playing anyway.

The punishment, which seems to be very effective as he is howling about it big time from what she says :tup: is not only no friends over and no video games, but he can ONLY use the netbook which she deleted all games from and is not hooked up to the net. ie basically a homework tool. It's partly a general punishment and partly to say "if you can't use the net properly..." I'm not sure what if any TV he's allowed, but I know he's a serious net surfer, so he really feels the pinch - which is of course the point -

Now I guess he can access the net from school but not sure how that works. I mentioned and she's checking. Looks like Uncle BeeR will be getting one less birthday card. :wacko: Anyway - yes there are many other ways to punish kids obviously, just an idea FWIW.