[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Draft Help

Patfan1

Hi all,

I'm in a Dynasty League and wanted some advice/ideas on how to proceed in our Rookie Draft. I took the team over last year and it has multiple areas of need. It's a PPR league with pretty much standard scoring for passing/rushing/receiving yards and 6pts for rushing/receiving TDs and 4 for passing. As far as lineups go, we must start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE). I draft 11th in this years rookie draft out of 16 teams (finished with an 8-5 record last year and lost in first round of playoffs). I have a serious need at RB but I'm not sure about the quality of RBs that will be available with the 11th pick. Spiller, Mathews, Best, and Dwyer will most likely be off the board and possibly McCluster. I'd also assume that Bryant, Tate, Benn and Thomas would be off the board as well. Depending on how the draft shakes out, I'm thinking of going WR or TE, as I'm not high on the backs that will be left (Tate, Gerhart, Dixon). How would you rank the top 11 rookies based on my teams needs??]Any assistance would be greatly appreicated! I typically use Welker as my flex, but he will most likely be out for a few games to start the season.

My team:

QB E. Manning (M. Stafford)

RB L. Maroney (C. Buckhalter, Q. Ganther, Aaron Brown)

WR Calvin Johnson, M. Austin, W. Welker (T. Ginn, Brandon Tate, Brooks Foster)

TE J. Shockey (B. Pettigrew, J. Casey)

Once the NFL draft shakes out this weekend the ranks get a little easier. Don't overlook Gresham and Gronkowski at TE. You can grab one of them and try to spin off one of your TE and a pick/player for an upgrade at RB. Shockey can still bring value one his name alone ( even if production isn't where everyone had hoped ).