[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taser Unable To Stop Angry Cat

buddahj

RIPLEY, Ohio --

A house cat had to be put down after a series of attacks in Ripley.

Misonica was taken in by Jean Murray a year ago as a stray. Friday night, the cat went on a rampage injuring two people in the process.

Misonica tried to break through a window at the home on Catherine Street. She scratched Murray on the leg in the process.

Misonica also scratched and bit Officer Rich Shofftall on the leg. Shofftall tried to use a Taser gun on Misonica, sensing something was wrong, but the cat kept attacking. The cat was eventually lured into a cage.

When Brown County's prosecutor caught wind of the incident, she couldn't help herself.

"Probably the funniest thing I had heard all day. I laughed for about five minutes," said Prosecutor Jessie Little.

No one knows what set the cat off, but at the health department in Georgetown, rabies came to mind.

"There is often a lot of interaction between domesticated animals and wildlife, whether it be raccoons or bats… So people should always be aware of any unusual changes in behavior by their pet," said Harold Vermillion, Brown County's Health Commissioner.

The number of rabies cases is trending down in Ohio. In 2008, there were 63 positive cases statewide, which dropped to 47 cases a year later. This year, there are only about a dozen.

Misonica was put down to be tested for rabies. The results of the necropsy have not been released.

:wacko:

Just goes to prove that tasers are extremely safe, can't even kill a cat. Now I f I were the cop, it would have had a .45 hole in it

Okay, if nobody else will say it I will. That is some mean pushy right there....

Edited by rattsass

I don't think the cop hit the cat with the taser - it just says he tried to use it... hard to believe a 15-20 lb cat wouldn't be flattened by the juice.

Does sound like rabies though - makes animals do strange stuff.