[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just completed a mock draft

I was drafting from the 10th spot and decided to go WR/WR my first two picks (that is my strategy if drafting from 9-12). While my WR corp looks top notch I was scrambling the rest of the draft to find quality RB's. All rb's were gone by round 3 and was questioning if it was a good strategy to go WR/WR

1-Randy Moss

2-Wayne (it was between Fitz, Roddy White, Wayne)

3-Benson

4-Forte

5-Welker (any input on him because he could be had pretty late?)

6-Farve (available QB's still Ryan, Manning, Kolb, Mcnabb etc.)

7-Tony Gonzalez

8-Slaton

9- Antonio Bryant

10- M. Hardesty

11. D. Brown

12. Tomlinson

and then I left the draft room

All in all it's a pretty solid team. I'm not sure about the WR/WR from that spot as I could of got grant, mathews, wells or charles with my 2nd pick and when it came back around in the 3rd, picked up a guy like Jennings, Ochocinco, S. Smith CAR and 4th went anothr RB like Mccoy as I see him and Forte about the same caliber. So I don't know what this post is suppose to show :wacko: , just thought some people might wanna take a look. If anyone has opinion/criticism/suggestion let me know. All I noticed every mock draft is Welker can be had pretty late

Edited by 85thatstright10

I like what you've done here... with a couple exceptions.

Reggie Wayne - I tend to avoid him and Peyton just because when you need them most they are only playing half the game or sitting. If Wr was the goal here I probably would have gone with Roddy White... but perhaps Grant or Matthews would have been a better pick anyway. You might have gotten Roddy inthe 3rd.

Antonio Bryant - has knee issues and the Bengals are discussing a TO signing which puts Bryant on the pine. Keep and eye here... if they sign TO, get a replacement.

Forte - my golden rule is to not draft Bears (being a GB fan). That notwithstanding, I don't like Forte much in the Mike Martz offense. I think Chester Taylor is going to be the more productive back here since he's a better receiver out of the backfield.

The good thing is that Reggie Wayne will carry your receivers all season and maybe with some teams getting better and the Colts D getting a little dinged they might have competition in December and Wayne might be playing. The Colts Dominance should be declining here pretty soon.... will it be this year though??!!

Welker is an extremely risky pick. It is extremely optimistic to expect him to be 100% and perform like he did pre-ACL tear. Let someone else take a chance on him. Having said that, you have two stud WRs so Welker is kind of a swing for the fences. Still, I think you'd be better off with a safer option there (depends on who's there, maybe Hines Ward?)