[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time to bust up a winning group?

DAS

I've had this core group since Moss was a Viking, Brady was, well, where he is but much younger and without jewelry, and Welker was a Dolphin. I'm obviously dropping Westbrook.

Need to keep 1QB, 2 WR, 2RB and 1 TE/PK/DF (choice) Edited to add that I'm in a 12 team league, 3 divisions.

Can you help with my keepers for this year - I've asterisked who I'm leaning towards, but I'm a little nostalgic. Help me make a good decision, especially if this is the year I need to cut Moss and stick with Harvin. Also, should I look toward drafting a rookie QB fairly high in thoughts of replacing Brady as a keeper for next year?

Keeper league rules - no PPR, (main thing I haven't seen in Huddle is we get penalized for QB interceptions 2 pts, 1 for each sack (important in QB selection!), we also count more points depending on how long the FG is kicked, up to 5 points.

Anyway, here's my roster:

*Brady, Tom NEP QB - 5

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 8

*Rice, Ray BAL RB - 8

Westbrook, Brian FA* RB - -

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 4

Harvin, Percy MIN WR (P) - 4

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR (P) - 8

*Moss, Randy NEP WR - 5

*Welker, Wes NEP WR (P) - 5

Boss, Kevin NYG TE (P) - 8

*Clark, Dallas IND TE - 7

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE (P) - 10

Bironas, Rob TEN PK - 9

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 8

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 7

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

I'm just wishing I could keep the whole team, LOL! I like them all...... Do any of the above look like anything that I could use to trade for draft picks? If so, what glaring needs should be addressed - backup QB? Anything greater that I'm not seeing? I'm not very good at this, so I'm trying to learn to improve this year - its my goal! Thanks!

Edited by DAS

No, I definitely think that you need to keep Moss, since Harvin isn't yet an adequate replacement for him (nor is Welker or Maclin worth a promotion in non-PPR). If anything, you should be getting rid of Welker, who at very least should be limited, coming back from that serious injury. Particularly with this being non-PPR, then no doubt you let Welker go. Moss, on the other hand, should still have a few more elite years left in him, no matter where he goes.

Since you are required to have keepers from each position, then really your only trade bait is one of your TEs or the Ravens D... Other than that, I really couldn't see you pulling off a two-for-one, since the other party most likely wouldn't keep any of your non-keepers. But by replacing Welker with Harvin as a keeper (and assuming McCoy is a keeper?) , I think you've already got a really solid squad there.

Try throwing out a deal with a TE and either Harvin or McCoy to see if you could get an upgrade there though. You could also try to do the same if you think you could do better than Rice, Moss, or Brady, but they're all sure-enough things that it'd take a sweat deal to let them go.

(ETA: I just noticed you asked about trading for draft picks. Again, one of your TEs or Ravens D are really the only trade bait you got to swap or gain picks.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

No, I definitely think that you need to keep Moss, since Harvin isn't yet an adequate replacement for him (nor is Welker or Maclin worth a promotion in non-PPR). If anything, you should be getting rid of Welker, who at very least should be limited, coming back from that serious injury. Particularly with this being non-PPR, then no doubt you let Welker go. Moss, on the other hand, should still have a few more elite years left in him, no matter where he goes.

Since you are required to have keepers from each position, then really your only trade bait is one of your TEs or the Ravens D... Other than that, I really couldn't see you pulling off a two-for-one, since the other party most likely wouldn't keep any of your non-keepers. But by replacing Welker with Harvin as a keeper (and assuming McCoy is a keeper?) , I think you've already got a really solid squad there.

Try throwing out a deal with a TE and either Harvin or McCoy to see if you could get an upgrade there though. You could also try to do the same if you think you could do better than Rice, Moss, or Brady, but they're all sure-enough things that it'd take a sweat deal to let them go.

(ETA: I just noticed you asked about trading for draft picks. Again, one of your TEs or Ravens D are really the only trade bait you got to swap or gain picks.)

I would try to package up Finely with Welker, and maybe get an upgrade at WR, Finley should be a stud for a number of years, I see him finishing in the top 4 for TE's and a lot of people are high on him. But in saying that, he won't be better than Clark, who you should keep. I agree, although I hate all pats, that Moss will be elite for another few years. Like TO, he is a physical specimen, and he has Brady to boot. Try to find a team that is light at TE and strong at WR. See if you can make a deal