[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper advice: Too many good choices!

ramflock

Hi, all!

I'm in a 12-team keeper league--start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1K, 1DST (note that you can use a TE as one of the 3 WRs or as one of the RBs). Scoring is TD-heavy: 4 pts for TD passes, 6 pts for other TDs, 1 point for every 20 yds rushing/receiving and every 50 yds passing; non-PPR.

We can keep up to five players. For each player kept, you lose a draft spot at the top of the draft. So, if I keep two players, my first pick will be in the third round. If I keep the maximum of five players, my first pick will be in the 6th round, etc.

OK--with all that detail out of the way, I plan on keeping five of the following players:

RB: R. Mendenhall, S. Greene, L. McCoy (also have S. Slaton, D. McFadden, but not on my radar screen)

WR: R. White, S. Rice, A. Boldin, H. Nicks, (also have MSW who, though good, isn't in this tier)

Which five should I keep? I'm currently thinking Mendenhall, Greene, and White are no-brainers. With that, I need two from among McCoy, Rice, Boldin, and Nicks.

My original thought was McCoy and Rice, but now the latter is hurt and Favre might not be back (although Sid might be relatively QB-proof). I really like Nicks and think he has star written all over him. Do I let McCoy go and keep three strong WRs and thus have my starting skill positions set? If so, do I dare make the trio White, Rice, and Nicks?

If you made me decide right now, that's what I would do, I think, but Sidney's hip is worrisome, in which case I would keep either Boldin or McCoy--probably McCoy.

Any thoughts on the matter are much appreciated. Thanks for reading this far!

Hi, all!

I'm in a 12-team keeper league--start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1K, 1DST (note that you can use a TE as one of the 3 WRs or as one of the RBs). Scoring is TD-heavy: 4 pts for TD passes, 6 pts for other TDs, 1 point for every 20 yds rushing/receiving and every 50 yds passing; non-PPR.

We can keep up to five players. For each player kept, you lose a draft spot at the top of the draft. So, if I keep two players, my first pick will be in the third round. If I keep the maximum of five players, my first pick will be in the 6th round, etc.

OK--with all that detail out of the way, I plan on keeping five of the following players:

RB: R. Mendenhall, S. Greene, L. McCoy (also have S. Slaton, D. McFadden, but not on my radar screen)

WR: R. White, S. Rice, A. Boldin, H. Nicks, (also have MSW who, though good, isn't in this tier)

Which five should I keep? I'm currently thinking Mendenhall, Greene, and White are no-brainers. With that, I need two from among McCoy, Rice, Boldin, and Nicks.

My original thought was McCoy and Rice, but now the latter is hurt and Favre might not be back (although Sid might be relatively QB-proof). I really like Nicks and think he has star written all over him. Do I let McCoy go and keep three strong WRs and thus have my starting skill positions set? If so, do I dare make the trio White, Rice, and Nicks?

If you made me decide right now, that's what I would do, I think, but Sidney's hip is worrisome, in which case I would keep either Boldin or McCoy--probably McCoy.

Any thoughts on the matter are much appreciated. Thanks for reading this far!

I like Mendenhall and Greene for your 2 RB positions (not sure if I would give up 5th round draft position for a 3rd RB). I also think White and Boldin are good keepers. I'm stuck on Rice because I get the feeling this could be a lingering injury that makes him a question each week. Add to it, Favre is not healthy and probably won't be (even if he comes back). I don't think there are too many people that think he can come close to duplicating last year's numbers. I think you can get Hicks later in the draft if you want him. You need a difference maker in the 5th round and I gotta believe there is better out there.