[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade -- J. Finley for A. Foster?

newmexfan

Looking for advice on keeper league trade offer. I can trade Jermichael Finley for Arian Foster. This is a salary league and the number of keepers is variable, so I don't have to worry about using a certain number of keeper slots. Set at RB for 2010, so looking for input on Arian Foster 2011 vs. Finely 2011. I feel Finley is top 5, if not top keeper TE. Not sure what I think about Foster - has opportunity for 2010, but outlook for 2011 is more uncertain. Is Arian Foster a future stud RB? Am I overvaluing Finley? Thanks for the advice.

If you are set at RB already like you say, then you've highlighted the reasons why you shouldn't do this deal. Finely has broken out as one of the primary targets, being thrown to by arguably the league's top QB right now... Are you set at TE too, because it makes no sense to take a hit at TE for a player at a position that you already have filled.

Secondly, yes, Foster might hold on to the starting gig and never let go, but what happens if Slaton has a really strong year, and the rookie Tate is ready to go by next spring? If Foster raises any doubts at all and those guys bounce back, then next year will look like this one did for Foster less than month ago.

We just haven't seen enough of the undrafted Foster yet to know if he can shoulder the full load... Perhaps you could say the same about Finley, but to me he's the far safer bet when you're talking about future value... And like I said before, if you don't have good replacements at TE, then you shouldn't even think about doing this deal.

(ETA: I also should mention that I do like Finley regardless as a matchup nightmare for defenses, so no, I don't think you're overvaluing him. If anything you may be undervaluing him in a keeper league, assuming you keep enough players for him to be on your keeper list)

Edited by delusions of granduer

If you are set at RB already like you say, then you've highlighted the reasons why you shouldn't do this deal. Finely has broken out as one of the primary targets, being thrown to by arguably the league's top QB right now... Are you set at TE too, because it makes no sense to take a hit at TE for a player at a position that you already have filled.

Secondly, yes, Foster might hold on to the starting gig and never let go, but what happens if Slaton has a really strong year, and the rookie Tate is ready to go by next spring? If Foster raises any doubts at all and those guys bounce back, then next year will look like this one did for Foster less than month ago.

We just haven't seen enough of the undrafted Foster yet to know if he can shoulder the full load... Perhaps you could say the same about Finley, but to me he's the far safer bet when you're talking about future value... And like I said before, if you don't have good replacements at TE, then you shouldn't even think about doing this deal.

(ETA: I also should mention that I do like Finley regardless as a matchup nightmare for defenses, so no, I don't think you're overvaluing him. If anything you may be undervaluing him in a keeper league, assuming you keep enough for him to be on your keeper list)

post your roster