[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me pick my keepers

carlivar

Help me with my last keeper  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be my 3rd keeper?

• Moreno in the 4th
    • Sproles in the 5th
    • Favre in the 9th
    • Brown in the 10th
    • Meachem in the 12th

My league switched to keepers last year so this is the first year we have to select our keepers.

We get to keep 3 max keepers and take them in the slot 2 rounds lower than where they were drafted the prior year. I think that's pretty common. We can also only keep players a max 3 seasons and only one FA keeper per year.

Anyway, here's who I'm looking at and what round I'd have to select them in:

Knowshon Moreno - 4th

Darren Sproles - 5th

Brett Favre - 9th

Donald Brown - 10th

Shonn Greene - 10th

Robert Meachem - 12th

Mike Sims-Walker - 15th

Greene and Sims-Walker are no-brainers. I'm strugging with the 3rd keeper though. Anyone got any thoughts? I was thinking Favre but I have a bad feeling about this year and he's useless in '11 (supposedly). I was going to go with Donald Brown because Addai will finally be gone probably in '11, but now I'm worried Brown is just going to be using a slot on my bench all year, which will be tough. We can have a max 5 RBs on our roster. Moreno is the best alternative to Brown, but he was so inconsistent last year and his hamstring is also worrying.

Oh I should also mention I have two 4th round picks due to a trade last year. So I can probably pick up Moreno in the 4th possibly anyway? Where's he been going?

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Edited by carlivar

Moreno is too much of an inj risk, plus you said you could draft him anyway.

Sproles is a rb3 or rb4.

Brown-I agree-he wont be playing much.

Meachem seems to be and up/down guy; 3pts this wk, 20 pts next wk.

That leaves Favre. I'm not a big fan of his but he does put up numbers. His wr's are nicked already but he'll get the ball to whoever they suit up.

Good luck.

I think you have to go Favre, thats where the best value is. Moreno, sproles, and Brown are all going about where you could keep them. So going with value that leaves you with Favre and Meachem. Meachem goes around the 7th-8th while Favre will probably start going around rounds 3-5 depending on qb scoring. WIth this being said I think you lock up Favre for this year and be set at the qb position.

Thanks, interesting. I just have a bad feeling about Favre this year but it's a good point.

Has Brown really been going that low? Remember I can keep him next year as well... so if he's The Man next year in Indy that makes his value pretty huge. Where has Brown been going in drafts so far?