[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Draft Slot?

Orange Crush

I'm in a 10 team PPR league, and have my choice of draft slot this year (the reward for winning the losers' bracket). We draft 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DST ann 3 Flex, and we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST and 2 Flex. I'm thinking that #3 would be the best choice, since that gives me one of the top tier RBs while minimizing the wait until my next pick. Is this the right strategy, or would you do it differently?

Thanks.

I want Chris Johnson- so I guess that means I want #1.

A buddy of mine drew the #1 slot in his 10-team / non-PPR / 4-pt passing league. He got:

(in order)

Chris Johnson

Miles Austin

Steve Smith (Car)

Matt Schaub

Pierre Thomas

Tony Gonzalez

Ahmad Bradshaw

So he was able to pull off a nice nucleus despite the long wait after #1. (He's using a "Wishbone" formation with 3RB/2WR)

If you believe in CJ2K like I do, it's the only way to go.

Playing devil's advocate, if you don't believe in CJ then I would probably suggest #7 and take Aaron Rodgers. That's just me.

Good luck-

I want Chris Johnson- so I guess that means I want #1.

A buddy of mine drew the #1 slot in his 10-team / non-PPR / 4-pt passing league. He got:

(in order)

Chris Johnson

Miles Austin

Steve Smith (Car)

Matt Schaub

Pierre Thomas

Tony Gonzalez

Ahmad Bradshaw

So he was able to pull off a nice nucleus despite the long wait after #1. (He's using a "Wishbone" formation with 3RB/2WR)

If you believe in CJ2K like I do, it's the only way to go.

Playing devil's advocate, if you don't believe in CJ then I would probably suggest #7 and take Aaron Rodgers. That's just me.

Good luck-

Pierre Thomas in round 5? When was this draft? January?