[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my team

neon_24

looking for some feedback on my team, i follow football but am not any kind of Guru and im playing in my office league this year and am looking for some feedback on my team.

QB - Matt Schaub, Matt Hasselbeck, Chad Henne,

RB - Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis

WR - Jacoby Jones, Hines Ward, Hakeem Nicks, Davone Bess, Robert Meachem

TE - Tony Gonzalez, John Carlson

K - Stephen Gostkowski

Def - San Francisco

I dont think i did too bad but like i said im not an expert.

:wacko:

here is my draft ive made a few moves since then

1. (9) Ray Rice

2. (16) Matt Schaub

3. (33) Tony Gonzalez

4. (40) Jacoby Jones

5. (57) Reggie Bush

6. (64) Hines Ward

7. (81) San Francisco

8. (88) Matt Leinart

9. (105) LenDale White

10. (112) Stephen Gostkowski

11. (129) John Carlson

12. (136) Hakeem Nicks

13. (153) Clinton Portis

14. (160) Robert Meachem

15. (177) Matt Hasselbeck

i got the league settings if you want them.

here is my draft ive made a few moves since then

1. (9) Ray Rice

2. (16) Matt Schaub

3. (33) Tony Gonzalez

4. (40) Jacoby Jones

5. (57) Reggie Bush

6. (64) Hines Ward

7. (81) San Francisco

8. (88) Matt Leinart

9. (105) LenDale White

10. (112) Stephen Gostkowski

11. (129) John Carlson

12. (136) Hakeem Nicks

13. (153) Clinton Portis

14. (160) Robert Meachem

15. (177) Matt Hasselbeck

i got the league settings if you want them.

Ray Rice is your only good pick. Schaub is a 4th rounder, Gonzo a 6th or 7th, Jacoby you can get in like the 11th or 12th...Matt Leinart often goes undrafted. LenDale White isn't playing. Not sure how you got Nicks or Meach so low though.

never draft a kicker and defense before the last two rounds.

Edited by bdog1321

I'll post my latest draft picks and reasons so you can see when to take players.

1. (9) Aaron Rodgers. At this pick, usually all the top tier running backs are taken, along with Andre Johnson. So taking the best QB in fantasy is a sure bet, and you can still get a good running back/wide receiver in the second.

2. (12) Randy Moss. I decided to go wr/wr with picks 2 and 3 because there was such a run on running backs. Randy Moss is a top flight wide receiver, one of a few worth the second round pick.

3. (29) Miles Austin. I would have liked a running back here, but like I said there was a huge run on them, and Austin rarely falls to the third like this. Too good to pass up. Draft talent over reaching to fill your roster; you can trade away excess to fill holes you may have later.

4. (32) Jamaal Charles. Again, too good to pass up. I finally got a running back, and an rb1 that fell to round 4 is just impossible to pass up. Again, even though he's "second string," draft talent. He will produce.

5. (49) Tony Romo. Here, there were no clearpicks that I could make without reaching. Sticking to my talent philosophy, I nabbed Romo and plan to use him as trade bait to land a good running back. If nothing else, I'll have the best backup QB in my league.

6. (52) Arian Foster. I really needed to scoop up a rb because it was getting very thin. I broke away from my own rule, but I think Arian will shatter his projections, so I took the chance.

7. (69) Jahvid Best. Another super sleeper, Jahvid is projected to get 660 yards and 4 touchdowns. THis is laughable. He has C.J. Spiller talent, and I had been eying him to see if he'd fall to me here. His upside is rb1, and at worst a good flex starter.

8. (72) Kellen Winslow. THe run on tight ends had begun, and Winslow is hugely underrated. He will produce.

The rest of the picks are to fill my roster and are as follows

9. Mike Wallace

10. Michael Bush

11. Johnny Knox

12. Malcolm Floyd (SUPER SLEEPER. target this guy. he is SD's #1 until Vincent gets back)

13. Zach Miller

14. Montario Hardesty

15. Steeler's D/ST (a real steal here considering the run on defenses that had happened already. See what I did there?)

16. Garrett Hartley

Hopefully that helped as a model, ask away if you have questions.

I'll post my latest draft picks and reasons so you can see when to take players.

1. (9) Aaron Rodgers. At this pick, usually all the top tier running backs are taken, along with Andre Johnson. So taking the best QB in fantasy is a sure bet, and you can still get a good running back/wide receiver in the second.

2. (12) Randy Moss. I decided to go wr/wr with picks 2 and 3 because there was such a run on running backs. Randy Moss is a top flight wide receiver, one of a few worth the second round pick.

3. (29) Miles Austin. I would have liked a running back here, but like I said there was a huge run on them, and Austin rarely falls to the third like this. Too good to pass up. Draft talent over reaching to fill your roster; you can trade away excess to fill holes you may have later.

4. (32) Jamaal Charles. Again, too good to pass up. I finally got a running back, and an rb1 that fell to round 4 is just impossible to pass up. Again, even though he's "second string," draft talent. He will produce.

5. (49) Tony Romo. Here, there were no clearpicks that I could make without reaching. Sticking to my talent philosophy, I nabbed Romo and plan to use him as trade bait to land a good running back. If nothing else, I'll have the best backup QB in my league.

6. (52) Arian Foster. I really needed to scoop up a rb because it was getting very thin. I broke away from my own rule, but I think Arian will shatter his projections, so I took the chance.

7. (69) Jahvid Best. Another super sleeper, Jahvid is projected to get 660 yards and 4 touchdowns. THis is laughable. He has C.J. Spiller talent, and I had been eying him to see if he'd fall to me here. His upside is rb1, and at worst a good flex starter.

8. (72) Kellen Winslow. THe run on tight ends had begun, and Winslow is hugely underrated. He will produce.

The rest of the picks are to fill my roster and are as follows

9. Mike Wallace

10. Michael Bush

11. Johnny Knox

12. Malcolm Floyd (SUPER SLEEPER. target this guy. he is SD's #1 until Vincent gets back)

13. Zach Miller

14. Montario Hardesty

15. Steeler's D/ST (a real steal here considering the run on defenses that had happened already. See what I did there?)

16. Garrett Hartley

Hopefully that helped as a model, ask away if you have questions.

10 Team League?

Who's on your waiver wire, maybe there are players/sleepers, backups, sneaky undrafted players worth grabbing....

I would be ok dropping

Bess

Leinhart

White

I wouldn't go as far as to say Rice is your only good pick, I think just where you took a lot of your players was a little questionable...but as you said, 1st time, gonna happen.

You have a QB1, tier 2 I would say, You a have an RB1, top 5 going into season, Gonzalez is a top 10 TE, Carlson is a great backup, Gostkowski is top 5 kicker, SF in top 5-10 Def's....

I think Nicks, Ward, Meachem, Jones aren't bad WR2/WR3/WR4 picks, but as you can see you are desparate for a star WR. THey def have huge upside, but a lot of risk with a few of these players being consistent.

Portis is terrible, on a terrible team, but at least right now he is the starter....should get 200 touches at least if he doesn't get injured (always a possibility:) )

Def look into waiver, possibly trying to bundle a few players for a trade once season starts