[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Results

DubGeek

STARTERS

QB Eli Manning, NYG QB P

RB Joseph Addai, Ind RB P

RB Reggie Bush, NO RB

WR Brandon Marshall, Mia WR P

WR Donald Driver, GB WR

WR Kenny Britt, Ten WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D Vikings D/ST, Min D/ST

K Mason Crosby, GB K

HC Jets Coach, NYJ HC

BENCH

Bench Brian Westbrook, SF RB P

Bench Dustin Keller, NYJ TE

Bench Todd Heap, Bal TE

Bench Brian Hartline, Mia WR P

IR

Not really happy with Reggie Bush as my 2nd RB, but I'm taking the gamble. Britt at WR is questionable as well. Thoughts?

How many teams were there man?

Hmmm, not totally lovin the team tbh...was Marshall your first pick? As for rate, id say 5/10 or 6/10, im just not seeing a major strong point other than Marshall but i think hes still questionable with a brand new system, and they may still really run that ball hard.

Gates of course is solid, but even in my 12 man leagues i tend to get at least 4 strong first picks. Like last year i had as my core, Rivers, D.Williams, Roddy and Tony G, ... im just not loving your setup man. Id maybe try to do some trading perhaps.

Edited by Metalhead316

not to be insulting but that is almost embarrassing. you no RB, a good WR1 and WR2 but both are questionable. Gates is great but why waste a high pick on gates when TE is deep. TE goes so deep that the difference between 1 and 10 will be 2 points a game at most when the gates pick could have been spend on a RB.

plus why the hell do you have two backup TE when either one of those two backups could have been your starter. if you really wanted two TE you could have got a good one off the wire.

personally this is the worst draft i have ever seen with no common sense drafting technique used.

Edited by delfamdelfam

If i were you, id package Westbrook/Gates, and use Heap as my TE and maybe try to get yourself a better RB, or QB even. Or vice versa, package Heap/Brian, but i think you can get by with Heap and use Gates as nice tradebait.

Edited by Metalhead316

Just a side thought, i personally dont get the 16 man teams...just doesnt seem fun to me at all. With talent spread that thin, just cant really have fun having anyone. I think 12 man is even pushing it sometimes but still doable in terms of having some decent talent.

Either way...16 team or not man, id really try to do some trading. I cant see that team going anywhere solid.

Please remember when posting "Rate My Draft or Team" stuff that we need info before we can give an informed opinion. Here are the things that should always be posted along with the roster;

# of teams in the league

Line-up requirements

Scoring system/format

Draft Position some like to know where you may have taken certain players to give you more info/feedback

It's a little difficult to give you informed feedback with out more league info but, I will give my 2cents anyway.

QB- I like E. Manning this year and think he is a value depending on where you landed him. He should give you consistent play every week.

RB - I am not a fan of either guy but, I think Bush has looked good this preseason and he has good value in PPR scoring. Addai could be great especially for you probably drafted him. I have just never liked the guy but he has produced. Take the guys you like, that part of the fun of FF.

WR - B. Marshall is a stud. He will see a drop off in his numbers this year but, he will produce for his draft spot. Driver should be consistent but has very little upside. I would have stayed away from all TENN. WR. Not sure who is going to produce but, Britt has the highest ceiling of the group and maybe he breaks out this year.

TE - STUD #1

Part of the issue of not having league info is in my post. I have given you my opinion on your players/names. Truly, who cares what I think of the individual players you selected, you may love those guys or not. Not my team you have to live with your draft. All I am trying to say is give people the opportunity to give you an informed opinion on your overall team.

Overall it looks like a good group in a 16 team league. I would drop Westbrook and Hartline immediately and go get others if there are any.

Good luck this season.

Edited by Steeltown D

The sad part was, of the 16 teams, only 7 or 8 actually showed up for the draft. The missing guys all were on auto-pick, which dragged the draft out to 3+ hours. 16 teams really was a lot and getting key players was really difficult (especially with 20+ guys kept). I was picking 4th, but because of keepers (2), my 1st pick was 15th overall in round 3. Each round I had a guy in mind, but by the time it got to me, he would be gone and I had less than 2 minutes to decide (including eliminating the 5 autopicks ahead of me).

I'm not really happy with my 3rd WR, but there wasn't much to choose from, as I got him #148 overall. Here's what's available in free agency:

Antonio Bryant, FA WR

Anthony Gonzalez, Ind WR

Antwaan Randle El, Pit WR

Mike Thomas, Jac WR

Nate Washington, Ten WR

Michael Jenkins, Atl WR

Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oak WR

Troy Williamson, Jac WR

Lance Moore, NO WR

Justin Gage, Ten WR

Main points are as follows..........

Passing Yards (PY) 0.1

Each Pass Completed (PC) 0.1

Each Incomplete Pass (INC) -0.1

TD Pass (PTD) 3

Rushing Yards (RY) 0.1

TD Rush (RTD) 6

Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1

Each reception (REC) 0.1

TD Reception (RETD) 3

If it were me I would get rid of one of, Keller, Britt, or Hartline and grab Gonzales or even possibly Thomas.

I really think Gonzales comes out as the #2 in Indy by season's end. Even if he shares the 2nd wideout slot all season with Garcon, you have a better 3rd option than your looking at now IMO.