[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Arian Foster for Jahvid Best?

I'm in a salary cap dynasty league in its second year of existence. It's non-PPR, but you get points for big yardage plays. My cap is $1,060.00 I have $58 of cap space free. I have Arian Foster on my taxi squad. If I promote him, he will only cost me $2.00 to keep. However, he only has a one year contract, but I could franchise him next year and match whatever prices someone tries to get him for me.

I have been offered Jahvid Best for Arian Foster. Best's salary is $60.00 on a four year contract. I would have to try and trade another player or ditch one and pay a penalty of 25%. Should I stay with Foster or trade for Best? Financially, it sounds like I should stay with Foster, but folks are talking about Best like he's the next Barry Sanders. i know he's not, but he's been great in the preseason. In fact they both have been good. Thoughts?

Roster 23 of 24 spots filled

Name Team Position Contract Yrs. Salary

1. Tony Romo DAL QB 2 $132.00
  2. Kevin Kolb PHI QB 4 $87.00
  3. Jason Campbell WAS QB 2 $11.00
  4. Chris Johnson TEN RB 3 $220.00
  5. Pierre Thomas NO RB 4 $126.00
  6. Jamaal Charles KC RB 3 $3.00
  7. LeSean McCoy DET RB 4 $78.00
  8. Tashard Choice DAL RB 1 $3.00
  9. Javon Ringer TEN RB 2 $2.00
  10. Bernard Scott CIN RB 3 $3.00
  11. Marshawn Lynch BUF RB 2 $8.00
  12. Miles Austin DAL WR 5 $102.00
  13. Steve Smith CAR WR 2 $102.00
  14. Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 2 $3.00
  15. Devin Aromashodu CHI WR 4 $21.00
  16. Pierre Garcon IND WR 2 $13.00
  17. Robert Meachem NO WR 2 $4.00
  18. Jabar Gaffney DEN WR 1 $2.00
  19. John Carlson SEA TE 2 $22.00
  20. Zach Miller OAK TE 2 $11.00
  21. Lawrence Tynes NYG PK $12.00
  22. Green Bay Packers GB DEF 3 $21.00
  23. New Orleans Saints NO DEF 3 $16.00

Taxi Squad

1. James Davis CLE RB 2 $2.00
  2. Jonathan Dwyer PIT RB 3 $6.00
  3. Arian Foster HOU RB 1 $2.00
  4. Sammie Stroughter TBB WR 1
  5. $2.00 Emmanuel Sanders PIT WR 4 $1.00

i've never played a keeper league with such salary cap depth and what not, but thats an interesting trade, in the short term for the price I'd say foster is better now, he's on a much better team with higher upside. If foster ends up being a stud this year im assuming his franchise value would increase significantly next year? if so does that cost exceed bests? to keep best for four years though seems to long, how many DET. backs have sustained a legit number one role there and have been fantasy relevant. IMO I'd keep foster for the year.

i've never played a keeper league with such salary cap depth and what not, but thats an interesting trade, in the short term for the price I'd say foster is better now, he's on a much better team with higher upside. If foster ends up being a stud this year im assuming his franchise value would increase significantly next year? if so does that cost exceed bests? to keep best for four years though seems to long, how many DET. backs have sustained a legit number one role there and have been fantasy relevant. IMO I'd keep foster for the year.

I can franchise him next year and his salary goes up, but not much. However, another team can bid like $100, and I would have to match to keep him or get compensation in draft picks. That happened to me last year. I had Miles Austin for $7, but his contract ran out, so I franchised him. Some other owner wanted him and was willing to pay $102, so I had to match to keep him.

Edited by electricrelish