[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Team PPR League - 9th Pick - Thoughts needed!

tigereng

10 Team, PPR, standard scoring except both passing and rushing TDs are 6 points. Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R, DEF, K. We just drafted and I had the 9th pick where I took R. Moss and then Rodgers in the 2nd rounds. Any thoughts on my draft would be appreciated!

QB - Rodgers/Stafford

RB - Charles/Best/Hightower/Reggie Bush/Barber

WR- R. Moss/Smith(NYG)/Welker/Owens/Cotchery/Gaffney

TE- Winslow

D- Bears

K- Tynes

I think you did pretty well, and much better than most who take a QB early... But you do have the same typical weakness of no true RB1...

I personally love Charles and am extremely high on him, and the hype around Best is huge too. Only thing is neither have proven that they can even hold up for a full-season (particularly with Best's injury track-record)... So I think alot of your success is going to depend on if these guys can live up to the hype. Otherwise, you could be in a bit of trouble with your backup RBs (though they might be okay too if Hightower, Bush, and Barber continue to do well).

But aside from that slight risk, I do think you did well... I typically don't like to take QBs early, but I'm really starting to believe that Rodgers is the real deal!

(ETA: Just saw that you only have Winslow at TE though... With the injury concerns lately, I would at very least be looking for a good backup, if not replacement. Is a guy like Dustin Keller available?)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Thanks for the thoughts!

I went with Rodgers in the 2nd rd because of the 6 pts passing TDs. I also wasn't found of the RBs that went in round 2. (mendenhall, d. williams)

i could have gone marshall, white or wayne instead of rodgers, but starting WR/WR wasn't too appealing to me.

I like Mathews (who went in rd 3.01 - still relatively early) and wasn't going to take him at rd 2.02

The only RBs available at the end of round 3 were Charles, Wells, McCoy, Arian Foster, Pierre Thomas, Moreno, Addai & Stewart.

Of those guys, besides Charles, I really only like Foster (went rd 5.01) and although I could have gotten him in round 4.02 - it seemed too early for him. I also needed to solidify my WR2 in the 4th round with Steve Smith given that it's a PPR league.

But yes - I'll need either Charles or Best to pan out. (Of course if both do well - I'm sitting pretty)

I think Hightower, Bush or Barber might be a decent RB2 if I need to plug one of them in there should Charles or Best not do well.

Dustin Keller, Todd Heap, Jeremy Shockey, Heath Miller, Greg Olsen, Kevin Boss and Fred Davis are all available if Winslow doesn't work out.

Who would be your top 2 picks of these TEs?

9th slot is interesting. Guy in my league (10 team same basic scoring as yours) went wr, wr, rb, wr. His draft went Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Shone (sp) Greene, Wes Welker. His other rb ended up being R. Bush, A. Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs and Donald Brown. He also ended up with Carson Palmer as his QB. I like what you did in the 9th better than what the guy in my league did. Like d.o.g. said you will have a great team if Best and Charles come through. good luck

Dustin Keller, Todd Heap, Jeremy Shockey, Heath Miller, Greg Olsen, Kevin Boss and Fred Davis are all available if Winslow doesn't work out.

Who would be your top 2 picks of these TEs?

Right now, I'd say Keller and Heap if he can stay healthy. I'd keep my eye on Olsen and Miller too, since out of those 4, at least 1 or 2 could have solid seasons, and any of them should probably be fine backups... With Keller, it's almost more of a gut feeling, and the reinforcement from Rex Ryan about getting him the ball, but I've been thinking he was going to break out as early as last year.

If you have a roster spot open, I think he's worth the flier right now, but if you don't (on top of those ones you have filled), then just wait and see which one of those guys looks like he's doing the best.. I'd probably consider dropping Cotchery when Holmes gets back in week 5 anyway.... And hell, Shockey or Boss might end up looking like the best options by then too. Who knows?