[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant versus GJennings

aggiebones

Hey folks,

I have the 8th pick in my small friend league. We have cap years to keep it from being true dynasty, but here's my dilemma. I've had a new baby recently and my knowledge is slipped a notch and need a bit of catch up advice. There's a mix of all rookies and some second tier vets that have had contracts expire without being traded or just slipped through the cracks.

The picks thus far:

Mathews

Best

Spiller

JForsett

AFoster

Kolb

Jacobs

I'm up and am loaded at RB. I need some WRs though having only Marshall, Des Jackson, Maclin and Meachem.

I've got the real option of Dez or Jennings. But I'm not really up to date on either. Both seem dinged, but are they just trying to miss preseason? Are they close to ready or are their real risks with either. Seems Jennings slipped a bit last year. And Dez is a mental midget. Anyone want to bail me out. Maybe this is more obvious than I'm making it. Generally I would think Jennings is safer and SHOULD be more successful this year, but if he's slipping and has a chronic back issue, then I'd hate to waste a potential star rookie here. Though I hate drafting douchey WRs.

Other options:

Ward (old), Holmes(worry wart out 4gms), Housh, Driver, SMoss

HELP! :wacko:

I'm kinda leaning there, just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Its an important pick for this league. There's a steady drop off in talent before I pick again. This guy must produce now and in the near future. And my work shuts off all access to all fantasy football sites for some reason :wacko:

..except the lads in the Huddle forum!

Chronic back issues? Jennings hasn't missed a game in 2 seasons and is only 26. I still take the proven guy over the rookie, no matter the hype.

Yes, it's a no-brainer here if Jennings is available, IMO. You just can't pass up proven top talent for a guy who hasn't played a snap yet. Add to that, I'm really high on Jennings with the value you can get him for... Last year they leaned on Driver, but Jennings is the #1 of the future on that pass-happy team.

BTW, your WRs aren't bad at all... In fact, Marshall, DeSean and Maclin, while all of them a bit questionable as elite performers, are collectively one of the stronger bunches you can have, assuming there's at least 12 teams and you're strong at RB too.

Its only 8 team league. Its my friendly group for 10 years, not one of my cutthroat groups. But these feckers talk trash like anyone else, so winning last year was nice. I'm loaded at RB completely stuffed. I'm too embarrassed with my riches there to brag.

But that's a thin WR corp for an 8 team league. I have Shaub and Brady too, so that helps though we start 2 QBs.

Maybe the biggest concern I have is that Jennings is sitting as around the 10th best WR plus or minus.

Is Dez gonna pop into the league as a top 3-5 guy? Or will he also be stomping around 8-12 like Jennings.

I'd hate to pass on an uber stud and every season after this watch Jennings dangle a good bit below him.

OK the pick is in.

Thanks guys.

It seemed pretty definitive.

It was in my head too until it was my turn. Kinda thought one would go earlier and make the decision for me.

Still hoping someone like Holmes sneaks back around for me. I know these guys are desperate for RBs, since I have many of them. :wacko:

Hey folks,

I have the 8th pick in my small friend league. We have cap years to keep it from being true dynasty, but here's my dilemma. I've had a new baby recently and my knowledge is slipped a notch and need a bit of catch up advice. There's a mix of all rookies and some second tier vets that have had contracts expire without being traded or just slipped through the cracks.

The picks thus far:

Mathews

Best

Spiller

JForsett

AFoster

Kolb

Jacobs

I'm up and am loaded at RB. I need some WRs though having only Marshall, Des Jackson, Maclin and Meachem.

I've got the real option of Dez or Jennings. But I'm not really up to date on either. Both seem dinged, but are they just trying to miss preseason? Are they close to ready or are their real risks with either. Seems Jennings slipped a bit last year. And Dez is a mental midget. Anyone want to bail me out. Maybe this is more obvious than I'm making it. Generally I would think Jennings is safer and SHOULD be more successful this year, but if he's slipping and has a chronic back issue, then I'd hate to waste a potential star rookie here. Though I hate drafting douchey WRs.

Other options:

Ward (old), Holmes(worry wart out 4gms), Housh, Driver, SMoss

HELP! :wacko:

Jennings. He's the #1 guy and has a top notch QB. No contest.