[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have to start FOUR receivers

starvingzombie

Due to our league set-up, I have to start FOUR receivers. I'm solid everywhere else, but I'm not sure who my 4 WR starters are. Any help?

Marques Colston, NO vs. Min

Hakeem Nicks, NYG vs. Car

Mike Wallace, Pit vs. Atl

Santana Moss, Was vs. Dal

Malcom Floyd, SD @ KC

Mike Williams, TB vs. Cle

Jacoby Jones, Hou vs. Ind

James Jones, GB @ Phi

Edited by starvingzombie

Due to our league set-up, I have to start FOUR receivers. I'm solid everywhere else, but I'm not sure who my 4 WR starters are. Any help?

Marques Colston, NO vs. Min

Hakeem Nicks, NYG vs. Car

Mike Wallace, Pit vs. Atl

Santana Moss, Was vs. Dal

Malcom Floyd, SD @ KC

Mike Williams, TB vs. Cle

Jacoby Jones, Hou vs. Ind

James Jones, GB @ Phi

Just use your common sense and it is pretty clearcut. You drafted Colston and Nicks first for a reason, so you start them until they give you a good reason not to, or one of your other guys emerges as a better option.

Second, you do realize Holmes is suspended for the first 4 games right? When he comes back he may well be startable, but who knows how long until he's relevant. He's bench depth for now.

Neither Williams or Jones are proven enough to start week 1 IMO, so I'd wait and see on them too:

That leaves: Colston, Nicks, Moss, Floyd, as the clearcut options to start the season. Then you reevaluate when you see how they're all doing.

(ETA: I'm not dogging your WRs though. I really like them all, but you go with the proven producers first.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

delusions....you stated that he drafted Colston and Smith......did I miss something in his post about a Smith? I like M. Williams of TB myself, but that is just my opinion.

Delusions....you must have edited your post right before I posted mine....now I understand (Nicks instead of a Smith)....... I still like Williams though.

Edited by fins22

delusions....you stated that he drafted Colston and Smith......did I miss something in his post about a Smith? I like M. Williams of TB myself, but that is just my opinion.

Delusions....you must have edited your post right before I posted mine....now I understand (Nicks instead of a Smith)....... I still like Williams though.

Yeah, I noticed the mistake, but doesn't really change my opinion too much... I like Mike Williams ALOT, but with them not having any sort of clear #2 behind him, I want to wait and see how things are going to work with the rookie up against #1 CBs... Like I said, I do like him, but week 1 especially, I start the guys I drafted earlier for a reason.

It's hard to say who to start in general because of the players' situations. Colston will always be a starter, as for the others:

I think Wallace will do extremely will and take over as the WR1 if not this year then the next, might have to wait till Big Ben comes back. Moss will no doubt improve on his numbers with McNabb at QB. Floyd is right now the designated starting WR with VJax's holdout but there is still time for him to sign although it's doubtful. Your other guys are all also sleepers. You will have to keep an eye on all of their situations but right now I would go with

Colston

Nicks

Moss

Floyd

It's hard to say who to start in general because of the players' situations. Colston will always be a starter, as for the others:

I think Wallace will do extremely will and take over as the WR1 if not this year then the next, might have to wait till Big Ben comes back. Moss will no doubt improve on his numbers with McNabb at QB. Floyd is right now the designated starting WR with VJax's holdout but there is still time for him to sign although it's doubtful. Your other guys are all also sleepers. You will have to keep an eye on all of their situations but right now I would go with

Colston

Nicks

Moss

Floyd

Ooh, forgot about Mike Wallace, another guy I love this year. I'd almost start him instead of Moss, but I agree with AoDay, that there is a bit more risk starting him until Big Ben gets back. Still think those guys are your best bets to start week 1 too, but monitor them all to see who comes out on top.

AoDay, you should not be helping me cuz you are in my league! haha. Just playing man, I really appreciate the advice.

tazinib, no PPR

Delusions, I think you may have misread Mike Wallace as Santonio Holmes. He did take his spot in Pittsburgh, so understandable. And you're right about draft order, but they all went so late (my othe starters are Ind QB, AP, Ryan Mathews and Dallas Clark) that they're all more upside than obvious starter. I guess the real questions at this point probably is, Santana Moss or Malcolm Floyd?

Haha weird, I've never seen anyone from any of my leagues on thehuddle, but glad I could help. I would keep an ear out for what goes on with VJax, if he doesn't sign then go with Floyd, otherwise go with Moss for safety possibly. Good thing with Wallace is that Ben had 2 games taken off his suspension so he will be back earlier.