[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Ryan or Kolb for Henne

jco207

drop Kolb.. Ryan is bound to have a good year with Mike Turner healthy and taking pressure off him a little he can relax and feel more comfortable throwing the ball to White who is also gunna have a great year i think pro-bowler WR with Matt Ryan throwing to him and besides Kold hasnt done anything in preseason to show he is worth having on a fantasy team..

IMO Ryan is a much better NFL Qb than a fantasy QB. Kolb has a higher ceiling with weapons like Jackson AND Maclin, while the falcons hasve no clear-cut threat at WR2. Plus the eagles are a west coast offense, predicated on PASSING. If Turner is healthy, expect Ryan to be handing off more than he did last year. Add in that Kolb just has a much higher ceiling, with several big number games on his resume . . (well over 300 yards) and Ryan is more steady, but not spectacular.

I would Keep Kolb and Henne.

Edited by bpwallace49

How deep is your leagues' free agent pool, because I'd MUCH rather hold on to both Kolb and Ryan (who I have to assume you spent pretty high draft picks on) to be able to play matchups or ride the hot hand, rather than just dumping one right now for a guy you might be able to pick up weeks from now, or find a comparable/better QB on the waiver-wire..

Assuming your FA is remotely deep, then I'd either choose someone else you could dump now and maybe sacrifice the roster spot until the bye, or else wait and sit on your QBs for now. I would not make a habit of dumping quality players over something as small as a bye-week.

What happens if your choice gets injured between now and the bye? You'll wish you had that better QB than Henne most likely... Hell, there's even a chance your team might be doing well enough by then to withstand the 1 week loss, but you'll regret it if you end up costing yourself more games than possibly just that one.

What's the rush? Their byes aren't until Week 8, and both have legit chances of putting up some nice numbers. Good trade fodder around week 4 or 5 for a better QB than Young when some other teams are sweating their QB bye matchups.

Even better and simpler advice.. Trading one of them before the bye is a much better solution than dumping a startable player.

Thank you all for all the comments and advice. Great points by all. I just realized that I have 5! players on the same bye (Ryan, Kolb, Boldin, Derrick Mason, Giants DST). I didn't even plan it, but now see the value. I'm going to just take the loss and hold on to both QBs and stay strong every other week.

What's the rush? Their byes aren't until Week 8, and both have legit chances of putting up some nice numbers. Good trade fodder around week 4 or 5 for a better QB than Young when some other teams are sweating their QB bye matchups.

+1

If you are unable to get a trade you like before week 8, you will have had 8 weeks to see what your 2 qbs are looking like and perhaps you decide to drop another player to get a qb for your bye week.