[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Trade - Should I pull the trigger?

leibs2002

I am in a 10-team league with standard scoring (no PPR), with the main difference being that we start 2 QBs. We also start 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, etc.

I waited too long to draft a 2nd qb so I decided to gamble on Roethlisberger. My qbs right now are Kolb, Roethlisberger, and Jason Campbell, so I need Campbell to hold down the fort for 5 weeks.

I have been offered the following:

Eli Manning & Ricky Williams for Roethlisberger, Jonathan Stewart, and Fred Jackson.

Here is my current team.

QB: Kolb, Roethlisberger, Campbell

RB: Turner, Charles, Stewart, Fred Jackson, Donald Brown, Slaton

WR: Randy Moss, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith (NYG), Johnny Knox

TE: Witten

Thoughts?

I gotta be honest, I roll my eyes at these kinds of mega-trades before the season even starts. I just believe you drafted them, you let them play.

It would be a shame if this package-swap torpedoed your season before it started. What if Jonathan Stewart goes off, and your left crying b/c you gave away the best RB3 in your league...

And then Roethlisberger comes back in the fifth game and lights up Cleveland, going on a hot streak. Oh wait, you traded Ben away... before football even began.

As you can tell I'm just not a fan of these types of deals. I call them > TJTT.

Trading Just To Trade.

Good luck!

JUM

I wouldn't do it. Stewart is a highly undervalued player and is a very solid RB2 or in your case a bye week or matchup fill in, so R. WIlliams would be useless for you. Eli isn't much of an upgrade either unless you are that high on him. I think Kolb will post similar numbers.