[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB assistance

burton

So in one of my leagues (non-PPR / standard scoring) I screwed myself with QB's.

QB: C Henne, A Smith

RB: MJD, J Stew, J Best, Forsett

WR: M Austin, Fitz, Maclin, VJax, B Berrian

TE: J Finley

K: Crosby

D: Ravens

One guy in my league has both Favre and Flacco and is willing to trade Flacco. His asking price is Fitz & Best for Flacco & Bowe. I personally don't like this...

You think I should just roll with what I got or say reconsider and offer back Fitz & Forsett for Flacco & Bowe?

I think you'll be pleasently surprised with Alex Smith.

I'm not to high on Fitz's QB atm, but do like Best and wouldn't trade him for Bowe/Flacco. I'd probably not trade Best for Flacco/Bowe straight up without fitz in the mix. See if he'll bite on Forsett, but he's more than likely after Best...Best will be worth more after he roasts Chicago's defense this first week, so you might be able to entice more out of him after Flacco puts up horrid numbers against the Jets.

Here is a PM from this guy, I don't think I'll want to deal anything to him:

Hey if u still want him, i am willing to trade him. He should have a stud year with all his wide recievers now. Maybe best in league. I would do it if you through in Fitz and Jahvid for Flacco and Bowe. Just let me know. Its not like Alex Smith is gunna have that good of a season. Like you honestly have ****hole starting quarterbacks

I think I'll wait and see how playing whoever has the better match-up holds up. Thanks Cursed, I completely agree with your take on Best.

The guy that has Brees has Stafford as well. You think an offer of one of Berrian, Maclin or Forsett (would prefer to keep) would be reasonable?

If I can grab him I can easily switch between Stafford / Henne / Smith throughout the year.

Not every fantasy team can be perfect (not even mine). Your weakness just happens to be at QB. Sure you may struggle to get points there this season (though I think Henne will turn out to be adequate) but you'll make up for those points at WR and RB. You did really well to get the group you did there. There is no sense in trading a couple of your good/great players for a QB who doesn't have much upside. It would be different if you were talking about getting an elite QB.

Stick with what you have for a couple of weeks. If you don't trust yourself before the season when are you ever going to trust yourself?

The guy that has Brees has Stafford as well. You think an offer of one of Berrian, Maclin or Forsett (would prefer to keep) would be reasonable?

If I can grab him I can easily switch between Stafford / Henne / Smith throughout the year.

Absolutely DO NOT trade one of those guys for Stafford. I wouldn't do it anyway, but in this case all you're going to do is confuse yourself every week about which QB to start. Just accept that - barring a major breakout - you're going to be weak at QB this year. There is no sense in getting rid of your strength for the small chance Stafford turns into a star all of a sudden.

It is going to be virtually impossible for you to get a QB upgrade you're happy with without wondering if you gave up too much.

Thanks for the good advice all. I feel better about Henne and Smith again (been thinking about this on and off for 2 weeks). I'll most likely stick with what I have for the time being and just see how it goes for a few weeks.

I *may* still think about adding Stafford but as you said HoustonBuckeye it may not be worth it.