[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Major problems w/ my WRs and Def.. Help Please?!?!?!

andrawis

I screwed up by picking T.J. Houshmandzadeh and now I'm in a dilemma of who to start for week 1.

My WRs include:

Steve Smith (Car) - Solid Starter

Pierre Garcon - Solid Starter

Roy Williams (Dal) - maybe at risk in depth chart with the addition of Dez Bryant plus he's inconsistent

Dexter Mccluster - he's a good option because he will get reps at RB also but i want to see how he plays out on week 1

Louis Murphy - done good things and will start for sure for week 1 but can be inconsistent at times because he is on the questionable Raiders

T.J. Houshmandzadeh - going to be 3rd on the depth chart at best for week 1. Questionable he will only have 1 week of practice with new team

On defense I picked up Minnesota Vikings but I'm not about to start them week 1 vs Saints so I picked up Arizona Cardinals to match up with Rams solely for week 1. Good move?

The rest of my team includes:

Starters:

Drew Brees (QB)

Deangelo Williams (RB)

Knowshon Moreno (RB)

Visanthe Shiancoe (TE)

Lawrence Tynes(K)

Bench:

Cadillac Williams

So which WRs should i start? Did I do the right thing on defense? And What do you think about the team? Thanks in advance for all your advice and inputs....

Don't overthink this and just flip a coin or do rock, scissors, paper if you must. That way if you get it wrong you can say it wasn't really you that made the decision. =)

Seriously, though, I'd go with Murphy. If he's a sure starter he could get you a handful of points. The offense should be significantly better with Jason Campbell at QB. The Raiders have a real chance to be a mild surprise early in the season.

Another option could be picking up Seattle WR Mike Williams and rolling the dice with him. I'm not starting him in my league the first week because I have two other good options for my WR3, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a big game.