[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekly projections for return yardage leagues

notem

Return leagues are such a fluid position, that I really wouldn't trust projections too much, but rather focus on how safe a guy's job is as a returner, nd how talented he is, even if getting promoted/removed from return duties...

If the guy is electric at returning, then he will likely keep the job, but talented players also tend to get promoted (MJD, Desean, Percy), and while the latter 2 still hold some return duties, you might see those duties diminish as they become a more important part of the offense (MJD).

But as for looking at who the likely guys are, The Huddle had a good article on this. But outside of that, your best bet is to look at a list of all-purpose yards from last year. Those are the guys who are likely to put up yards, regardless of whether they come in return yards/TDs or on offense.

In these formats, guys like Sproles, Leon Washington, and Cribbs could have alot of added value too, but outside of talented guys like that, I wouldn't spend any sort of high pick on a guy who only has value as a tentative return guy.

(ETA: I also wouldn't draft ANY return guy too high, even with liberal points for return yards. It's just not a consistent source of points for alot of guys)

Edited by delusions of granduer