[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore: Try and trade him now?

TossMeTheBurner

Considering that the 49ers offense looked terrible today, especially Alex Smith, do you think it would be a good idea to possibly trade Frank Gore for a different RB or WR?

TRADE to ME PLEASE....Man I wish someone in my league would be getting nervous after one week. You spent a first round pick on him, unless you are getting someone in the top 8 i wouldn't even think about it. He will produce, it was only one week, if 3-4 weeks go by and no pay off then see what is out there. I drafted Andre with my first rounder and no way would I part ways with him, even though he laid a 3 catch 43 egg today. Just wait it out and take this weeks loss.

TRADE to ME PLEASE....Man I wish someone in my league would be getting nervous after one week. You spent a first round pick on him, unless you are getting someone in the top 8 i wouldn't even think about it. He will produce, it was only one week, if 3-4 weeks go by and no pay off then see what is out there. I drafted Andre with my first rounder and no way would I part ways with him, even though he laid a 3 catch 43 egg today. Just wait it out and take this weeks loss.

Yeah, I thought that maybe I am jumping the gun here, but the 49ers looked horrible. I guess there is no where to go but "up" from here. If Alex Smith can't get the job done, they are gonna kill Gore.

I guess you are right though, let's see what happens next week.

I guess you are right though, let's see what happens next week.

It's only one week, give him time.

Just because Houston found a run game today with Foster doesn't mean they will abandon their bread and butter pass attack with Andre Johnson. Andre killed me today as Gore killed you. I am very confident that the 49ers will lean on their run until Alex gets back to where he was last year. Big Mike knows what his bread and butter is...GORE

It's only one week, give him time.

Just because Houston found a run game today with Foster doesn't mean they will abandon their bread and butter pass attack with Andre Johnson. Andre killed me today as Gore killed you. I am very confident that the 49ers will lean on their run until Alex gets back to where he was last year. Big Mike knows what his bread and butter is...GORE

Yeah, that makes sense.

Thanks.

Hold on to Gore.

Besides you never trade a player after a poor game. You trade him after a good game that you don't think he is likely to reproduce.

Despite how you feel about Gore going forward, this is great advice... Especially with a player you spent a high-first-rounder for, you just can't sell low on him, unless someone believes in him enough to give you fair value (which I don't see happening, unless the Tuner owner is unconvinced too).

Gore should be fine going forward, and will surely rack up the yards if/when the SF offense gets it together... And even if they don't, Gore should still have a solid-enough year... But if you're not convinced of that, there will surely be better times to let him go than right now (when do they play St. Louis? :wacko:)