[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trades... I need better players

notmike

I am in a 10 team non-PPR league and got stuck with Kolb and McNabb... both of whom aren't very spectacular QBs.

This weekends line-up was:

Starters

---

Kevin Kolb QB

Brandon Marshall WR

Larry Fitzgerald WR

Ray Rice RB

LeShawn McCoy RB

Tony Gonzalez TE

C.J. Spiller WR/RB

Garrett Hartley K

Pittsburg Defense DEF

BN

---

Shonn Greene

Donovan McNabb

Robert Meachem

Michael Bush

Heath Miller

Lawrence Tynes

While it looks like a pretty good team, I assure you the other teams are equivalent or better. My team was selected by computer since I missed the draft.

What are some trades I should consider generally... assuming most teams already have top 20 players in each position?

QB and WR are major concerns for me now, as is the TE position

That team will win a lot of games. You have elite receivers and "bell cow" RBs. Start McNabb until Kolb shows you otherwise and get rid of McCoy. He is never going to play on your team with Rice and Green. Both those guys are going to get 300+ touches this year.

Well, the thing is I have 2 WR spots, 2 RB spots, and a WR/RB slot.

Obviously Shonn Greene and Ray Rice are my best two RBs, but I could keep McCoy and put him in that extra slot... OR

I could throw Meachem in there.

I don't know what to make of C.J. Spiller. He's on a sorry ass team and had a golden opportunity this Sunday which he blew.

Right now my diaper dirt list is long and it includes Meachem, Kolb, Spiller, Miller, and Bush.

I think I could get a good QB for the right trade.... Maybe Bush, Miller, Kolb for an Aaron Rodgers?

Well, the thing is I have 2 WR spots, 2 RB spots, and a WR/RB slot.

Obviously Shonn Greene and Ray Rice are my best two RBs, but I could keep McCoy and put him in that extra slot... OR

I could throw Meachem in there.

I don't know what to make of C.J. Spiller. He's on a sorry ass team and had a golden opportunity this Sunday which he blew.

Right now my diaper dirt list is long and it includes Meachem, Kolb, Spiller, Miller, and Bush.

I think I could get a good QB for the right trade.... Maybe Bush, Miller, Kolb for an Aaron Rodgers?

My 8 year old nephew wouldnt even accept that trade offer...your team looks good all around aside from qb but you dont have to much to offer without losing to much...just stick it out a couple more weeks and see what happens

My 8 year old nephew wouldnt even accept that trade offer...your team looks good all around aside from qb but you dont have to much to offer without losing to much...just stick it out a couple more weeks and see what happens

Some Available Free Agent QBs to replace Kolb are: Stafford, Hasselbeck, Roethlisburger, Castel, Sanchez, Moore, Leinart, Bradford, Anderson.

Or I could Trade.... but I would lose quite a bit.

I'm really stuck between McCoy or Meachem too... Meachem might bust out the box this season with some high numbers. He is Brees' favorite reciever.

So your diaper dirt list is going to make someone trade away Rodgers? 3-4 players for 1 usually doesn't fly, at least in good leagues. You'll have to trade someone half decent to get it in return.

Some Available Free Agent QBs to replace Kolb are: Stafford, Hasselbeck, Roethlisburger, Castel, Sanchez, Moore, Leinart, Bradford, Anderson.

Or I could Trade.... but I would lose quite a bit.

I'm really stuck between McCoy or Meachem too... Meachem might bust out the box this season with some high numbers. He is Brees' favorite reciever.

Grab Roethlisberger ASAP regardless of what else you do. He'll be good when he returns and even if you don't use him someone I bet will need him. Forget Stafford as he's out for 4-6 weeks.

Tynes unless you're in a league where you really need a backup kicker. Big Ben easily could be your starter when he returns for minimal cost dude.

Yeah, not a bad idea. I basically plan to keep Hartley regardless how many FGs he misses. I got faith...lol

Ok, add/drop done... Big Ben is in reserve alongside Kolb and McNabb... Penny Laneing toolbags man!

Edited by notmike

Yeah, not a bad idea. I basically plan to keep Hartley regardless how many FGs he misses. I got faith...lol

Ok, add/drop done... Big Ben is in reserve alongside Kolb and McNabb... Penny Laneing toolbags man!

Sweet, I wouldn't worry about kickers there is usually a few around that can always be picked up when needed. I personally wouldn't do anything with your team as of now. Just start McNabb for the time being.

Sweet, I wouldn't worry about kickers there is usually a few around that can always be picked up when needed. I personally wouldn't do anything with your team as of now. Just start McNabb for the time being.

Alright Cool... One more question. What do you think about Spiller v. McCoy v. Meachem? For the WR/RB slot?

Current Line-Up

Starters

----

Donovan McNabb QB

Brandon Marshall WR

Larry Fitzgerald WR

Ray Rice RB

Shonn Greene RB

Tony Gonzales TE

LeShawn McCoy WR/RB

Garret Hartley K

Pittsburg DEF

BN

--

Robert Meachem WR

C.J. Spiller RB

Michael Bush RB

Heath Miller TE

Kevin Kolb QB

Ben Roethlesburger QB

Alright Cool... One more question. What do you think about Spiller v. McCoy v. Meachem? For the WR/RB slot?

I'd say McCoy however depending match-up switch over to Spiller. I don't mind Meachem but hard to say cause NO has plenty of offensive options.