[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I take this trade: Offered: A. Foster, A. Bradshaw & Calvin Johnson for D. Williams, J. Best & Randy Moss

NJ Spartan

Hi,

Would appreciate any insight into whether I should accept this trade or not. (I'm in a vanilla scoring ESPN.com league w/ 12 teams).

I was offered to receive: Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw & Calvin Johnson -- in exchange for: DeAngelo Williams, Jahvid Best & Randy Moss

I'm 1-0 so far w/ my current team below:

QB: Cutler, Colb

RB: D. Williams, J. Best, T. Hightower, Toby Gerhart, Jason Snelling, Kareem Huggins

WR: Moss, Jennings, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Jabar Gaffney

TE: Zach Miller

D/ST: Giants

K: Tynes

Thanks for any insights you're willing to share!

Eric in NJ

Foster is enticing after his week 1, but C. Johnson lost his QB so you would probably take a hit in your WRs, DeAngelo Williams has atleast proved he can be good over a year Bradshaw your goin on potential, so its kind of a risky deal IMO

someone is getting the better end of that trade. You are trading a player for player at the same positions.

CJ's numbers may decline, but I wouldnt expect Best to do any better with little to no passing threat.

I like Foster alot, and CJ. I would probably take it.

I would say take the deal, especially if you think Foster is the real thing. I think he comes back to earth, but I really don't like how DeAngelo looked against the Giants. No passes out of the backfield, and inconsistent blocking up front. Very few touches in the second half, despite Carolina being up going into the third quarter. If the Panthers end up losing Moore at QB, that's even more pressure and stacked lines against the run.

On the flip side, Bradshaw saw significantly more playing time than Jacobs, and I think that will continue to be the case. If this is a keeper league, I would prefer to keep Best for the long-term. If this is a seasonal, re-draft league, I think Bradshaw will prove to be the better play over the course of the season.

As for the WRs, Moss has the edge on Megatron, but Johnson has already proven he can be a WR force whoever the quarterback may be in Detroit. I don't think you're taking a big enough hit at WR that you should question the deal, especially with your remaining WR depth.

With the bump you're getting at RB, I think you should jump on the offer. It basically comes down to the other owner is probably relying on bad fantasy advice from an inferior source probably telling him to trade high on Foster and dump Johnson ASAP with Stafford gone. Take advantage of it. The only downside is you're loading up on Giants, which could present some bye-week issues. Might want to consider a second move later on to break up Blue a little bit.