[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ERS D/ST vs Saints, Week 2

n1ttanystee1ers

Mr. Carter, thanks for the advice and although I DO respect it and am sure you're a better Fantasy baller than I, I am gonna have to say, "Heck with it", and start the Niners' D/ST anyway. The Saints' O can be held down as Minnesota did and I highly doubt Frisco (whose D aint too far from Minn's) will allow another stinker like they did last week especially with Singletary tearing them all new-ones. That loss to Seattle reminds me of them classic opening day embarassments of Cowher's Steelers teams of the '90s only for them to turn things around down to stretch and earning them first-round playoff byes. This Niners team is a tough one like just like those and starting this weekend, they'll begin their climb to an eventual (yes, you heard it from me) Top-Seed in the NFC!

Edited by n1ttanystee1ers

Problem is you are counting on wishes and dreams instead of what is tangible. If the 49ers didn't fail at every position in every situation, I would agree. But the holes and gaps in their team isn't going to be filled in 1 week with a spanking. On top of that I wouldn't risk it with the Saints coming this week. There are probably 25 teams I would rather start. I picked up Seahawks D/ST this week just to nest on. After watching the game I thought the 49ers were wearing the wrong spamshirts. Seattle was doing very well. Hopefully next week they have another great outing so I can even consider them from the bench.

I live in SF, so take this FWIW....It seems like GOOD teams significantly step their game up on MNF. The 49ers are NOT a good team. They were 110% over-hyped coming into this season, in ALL aspects (including DEF). The friggin SEAHAWKS exposed so many shortcomings last week (including coaching) that are impossible to overcome in 1 week of practice. Alex Smith is NOT a quality QB. Crabtree has shown NOTHING since his arrival to warrant his hype - his absence from preseason games was blatantly apparent in his performance vs. SEA. Gore is a stud, but it is SO obvious when SF is going to call a run play my grandma could sniff it out. 49er DEF is going to be on the field for a looooooooong time, and by the 3rd Q they'll be out of gas.

The New Orleans Saints are going to a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y destroy San Francisco on MNF. I hope your league does not allow negative points.

na........Frisco 20 New Orleans 16 w Frisco's D creating 3 turnovers; offense will learn from last wk's game and mix things up just enough for Gore & Co to keep Saints' O off the field, he'll rush for over 100 & 1TD. All that Seattle did was WAKE them up! They'll CRUSH Seattle next time out!

Edited by n1ttanystee1ers