[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub or Vick?

jacobisright

I don't think it's that clear cut, is it? You have no worries about the emergence of Arian Foster and Detroit's weak defense doesn't attract you at all? I'm leaning towards Schaub, but I don't think it's 100%.

Yes it is that clear-cut. Schaub was the #1 scoring QB in fantasy last year with the #1WR... No possible way that HOU can continue to run Foster 34 times a game and give him the rock on every goal-line stand. They literally have no reliable RBs behind him... IMO, in week 1 they were establishing the running game that had been absent in their offense in recent years... Don't expect that to be a trend.

If you really want to put your team in the hands of the guy who never worked hard or progressed as a QB in ATL, then go for it, but I don't think it's smart to bench a top QB for a guy who only has the temporary starting gig because of injury and underperformance...

But maybe you'll be surprised, and Vick all of the sudden has become better than the 50% passer who throws picks and can't put up consistent stats... Go to nfl.com videos and take a look at his performance in preseason week 2, and see if you still think he's fit to lead your team over Schaub.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Vick is going to run for another 100 yards this week, pass for another 200, maybe rush for a TD, and should have no problem passing for 2 TDs vs. a WEAK Lions DEF. Possible 30+ fantasy points this week.

:wacko:. It's possible, but trust this Atlanta homer when I say that Vick is not the answer. I don't care who he's playing. Aside from a respectable game vs. a depleted Packers secondary, dude has proved nothing but that he's not a good QB.

Here's the video I was talking about.

And this was versus second-stringers, vs the D that got lit up by the Pats...If you think that magically, he's turned into a reliable option to sit your top QB for, that's just crazy... Again, I don't care who he's playing. He was, is, and always will be a mediocre QB, so if the D takes away his legs, they take away Vick.

Just ludicrous to sit Schaub after one bad week for Vick after one good week, that only came at Kolb's expense... I didn't hear Andy Reid calling Vick the starter in the preseason...

BTW, we used to have both QBs, and a lot of Falcons fans wished we'd kept Schaub over Vick, even before the legal trouble.