[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running back dilemas in 2 leagues

Winoman

In my first league we start 2 - Gore is in IMO - however my #2 is Benson and while he's done well vs the Ravens before I think Cinci will be throwing and game is likely to not be high scoring so I'm thinking my back ups might be better options - so what do you think? -

C Benson - Brandon Jacobs - Ladanian Thomilson or Tim Hightower (Standard non PPR) - actually thinking Jacobs in this one (vs Indy) am I nuts? Wondering if Thomilson is the better play or should I just go Benson - Hightower not really in consideration (though My fantasy league projects him and Thomilson both with way more pts then Jacobs or Benson)

2nd league - can start as many as 3 (it is wr/rb flex) - scoring modified PPR (2 pts for every 5 rec)

M Turner is my #1 and is a go - after that I have a choice between Forte, R Brown, C Portis (or Jacoby Jones or Lee Evans - neither I'm really considering). I'm thinking R Brown is a split w R WIlliams and going against the Vikings so hes on the bench and am planning to start Portis & Forte (but neither with high hopes)

So what do you folks think? Advice on both appreciated....

Edited by Winoman

League 1

Go with Benson, I am in the same position as you (Gore is my regular starter). Although I think Cincy will target questionable secondary of Baltimore I think blowback will be Benson has a decent day with 1 TD.

However I would give Brandon Jacobs similar TD value, simply b/c Indy look extremely bad against the run last week.

League 2

Forte and Portis are your best bet, why even consider Brown when he won't get the carries and will be up against MIN's Defense?

Edited by thestugots

Thanks stugots - pretty much aligns with my thinking - on team # 2 for sure. I fully agree with what you say on Benson - but frankly I could see (in my dreams anyway) Jacobs having mutiple scores and a very big day vs Indy (Bradshaw nonwithstanding...whom I have and am starting - even over brandon Jackson in another league...though maybe I'm nuts there eh? Indys D really really sucks IMO....plus its the Sunday night game so I'll get to see it!)

Edited by Winoman

I just don't have confidence in Hightower vs seemingly pretty stout Atl D...and Ariz has some real offensive ? marks. I've got Jacobs in the lineup now but I'm having a "always start your studs" moment - particularly considering Bensons past sucess. Even if they use the pass to move the ball they will still run Benson at the goaline - just I don't expect as many opurtunities as Jacobs potentially might have...argh