[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TURNER vs. GORE

Chris1982

Hey -

In terms of trades, Gore and Turner can both be considered to be fairly equal when it comes to trading in standard scoring leagues.

In PPR, I am just wondering how much of a difference would you consider Gore over Turner in terms of an upgrade? Obviously Gore's value is a lot more than Turner's in PPR, but how much??

I guess to add on to this question,

12 team PPR league.

Gore/Orton for Turner/Romo

Obviously Romo is an upgrade from Orton, but is the downgrade from Gore to Turner significant enough to nullify the deal??

Edited by Chris1982

In my 4 leagues I have Gore in 2 leagues and Turner in 2 - each picked as my #1 in the 4th-7th spot (and each targeted by me prior to the draft - over Ray Rice and S Jackson and even over MJD in one case) - one league - my own - (where I have Turner) is a modified PPR (2 pts per 5 rec). Heres how I see it. In a PPR league - no question Gore is going to be the man. Smith will dump to Gore frequently and often - and he'll make plenty of yards on receptions beyond his running yardage. Turner - though arguably the better (and less prone for injury) back - gets virtually no receptions and plays a much much tougher run schedule then Gore is going to face. In this regard I value Gore higher - but in non PPR its very close - Turner possibly/likely will have more TDs at years end - but one never knows - SF offense could get it together - particularly against Oakland & such (though KC is perhaps looking tougher then one might have figured). Romo/Turner also seems a better combo overall - but Romo has looked pretty shaky thus far and Orton tends to put up better #s then most would figure (not great but servicable) - and enough so that with PPR his combo with Gore may turn out better in the end.