[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now what?

monster2333

Drafted Kolb and Stafford, so we all know how week 1 turned out. Dropped Stafford and picked up Anderson to fill in for a week until Kolb came back. Obviously, that backfired as well. Now my waiver wire selections are thin, but I gotta pick up someone. Here's my waiver wire:

Hasselbeck

Freeman

Alex Smith

Sanchez

Garrard

Hill

Bradford

Campbell

Moore

Edwards

Wallace

Cassel

I've got a claim in for Hasselbeck, but who else should I grab?

Drafted Kolb and Stafford, so we all know how week 1 turned out. Dropped Stafford and picked up Anderson to fill in for a week until Kolb came back. Obviously, that backfired as well. Now my waiver wire selections are thin, but I gotta pick up someone. Here's my waiver wire:

Hasselbeck

Freeman

Alex Smith

Sanchez

Garrard

Hill

Bradford

Campbell

Moore

Edwards

Wallace

Cassel

I've got a claim in for Hasselbeck, but who else should I grab?

I was lucky enough to get Vick after Drafting KOLB without a backup at all. I also had a trade just go through for Aromashodu for Flacco so i was lucky enough to totally restructure my QB after things looked pretty grim for me.

Anyways on to you now. Ether you trade for another QB or i would say Hasslebeck, Smith, Cassel in that order. Hasslebeck has a decent team around him but he is showing signs of age big time. Smith has a long road ahead of him to become a top 10 QB and not sure if he has enough talent but did show signs of brilliance against the saints D which i think is the 2nd best fantasy DEF behind PIT. On the other hand he did have a few turnovers and missed a REALLY REALLY easy check down to Gore when he was open and it resulted in an INT. As for Cassel I remember there was a lot of buzz around him but he hasnt stood out. Maybe it will pay off later.

So, in my opinion Hasslebeck is a safer* choice, Smith has more upside, and Cassel is for desperation.

After thinking about it, Smith is the more compelling pick because he seems to have a higher upside in my opinion.

Your choice.

Yeah, I really don't trust Hasselbeck much, especially since his fantasy stats are skewed a little since he's rushed for a TD in each of the first 2 weeks. But I don't know what else to do. The way my luck's gone so far this year, I'll drop Kolb and Vick will go back to prison and Kolb will be a superstar on someone else's team.

I actually like Freeman the best of that lot...he's got two talented options in Mike Williams and Kellen Winslow, has good instincts, an isn't afraid to use his feet to rack up a few yards as well. In watching both of the last two games I've been impressed with how far he's come in a short time...is he going to score a ton of points no, but I think he'll be good for consistent FPS per game.

After that I like Alex Smith and Bradford...probably Smith better as he's got more weapons to work with.

Tough luck, but definitely not impossible to come back from, just get Hass and an upside guy and play match ups

Best of Luck

WD

Edited by WashingtonD

I was in the same situation - drafted Kolb and Stafford. Thankfully I was able to grab Vick.

Of the guys on your wire I like Freeman and A. Smith. I agree with Washington D. I drafted M. Williams as a sleeper and he has looked great so far. Freeman could be a beast with that kid and Winslow once Freeman's thumb heals.

Seattle is a mess. I'd stay away.